“I love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

I had the best stay at the W, over Christmas 2010. As soon as I checked in I was greeted warmly and my room was upgraded. From then on, I had nothing but pleasant experiences at the W and the staff there. I had to stay an additional night, due to the blizzard, they made sure there was no problem in keeping my room, and when I got upset (emotional overload!) Mercedes – who did just about everything she could to help me out - two days in a row…checked in on me and helped me with things that I was having trouble with and was a true sanity saver!
Hanging out in the hotel’s ‘living room’ gave me the opportunity to make quite a few new friends – since most all of us were stranded, and was a fun place to be, when the weather got too cold or snow too high to navigate. Maria, a wonderful waitress there, was especially nice.
The rooms – spotless – cleaned every day, all toiletries replaces and every house cleaner I saw, greeted me with a smile.
I love the location and since I traveled solo, and directionally challenged, I can’t imagine ever staying anywhere else. Obviously, I loved it there!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

My family and I stayed at the W Hotel at 541 Lexington Ave on January 01, 2011. It was the worst treatment I have ever gotten from any hotel I have stayed at. I have been to Italy and Isreal where I do not speak the language and have gotten better treatment. The font desk guy was very rude and throughout our stay he make it a point to let us know that we were not welcome as we book this hotel through priceline..mind you I payed two hundred dollar and change per night and it was not worth at all. Next time I will stay at the Four Season or The Mark where I know I will get a better treatment. We went to the font desk with a few questions and as soon as he saw us he would pick the phone up so he would not have to deal with us. I have taken the W hotel off my company list as an hotel to stay at and I have informed my friend and family never to stay at the W Hotel.

People, I have never written a review before and my family and I travel at least three times per year, so please believe me when I say stay somewhere else.

AB

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Firepot

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

I know it was a Miracle on 34th Street, but our holiday stay can be best described as a Miracle on 49th street. We had an amazing experience staying at the W this holiday 12/22-12/30. In particular, Tim McDonald, Fatima Fidan and Anubha Choudrie went out of their way to make sure our stay was a memorable one. Their thoughtfulness and incredible customer service is why this will always be where I stay when I come to Manhattan - be it for work or personal. I travel about twice a month for work, so I am very particular on the hotels I will and won't stay in, because life is too short for bad service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pamelagrace76
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

From the moment we checked into the hotel, we experienced staff that were fully committed to making our stay in New York City very enjoyable and relaxing. The bellmen, the front desk employees, the breakfast bar staff and event the housekeeper in the hallway! Top quality employees in a top quality hotel!

Charleston SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

Great Stay in the Best city in the World! Exceptional service and your staff is great! Will def stay there again in the future! Big thumbs up to Nicole Fondry!! Sweet, professional, and very helpful during our stay! Thanks!!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I think the title says it all but if its not clear, stay somewhere else. Rooms are small and ACs are noisy. Staff are rude and not attentive. More attention is paid to the bars downstairs than to the small shabby rooms you will be paying $300-500 a night for. Further, i left a couple possessions behind and when i called (2 hours later) the staff refused to go to the room to find my items and said the cleaning service would find them. What do you think happened? Of course they never turned up. Hotel refused to take any blame and turned it off to their insurance company who stone-walled for 3 months before claiming a technicality why they would not cover the theft. Great service huh? Extremely trustworthy hotel.

$1,000 for 2 nights + $1,000 to replace my stolen items. And what do you get? 250 sq feet facing a brick wall with an AC that sounds like a semi driving through the holland tunnel. If you must stay at a starwood, go to the parker meridien. if you are less of a points freak and actually want a good hotel go to the London NYC.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Flynn475
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

The title sums it up. Simply stated - The W New York is by far the only hotel we stay at when visiting the city for new years eve party. Y you can stay at other properties but if you are a starwwod platinum member then the benefits are outstanding. We used all points and got the 5th night free, suite upgrade at no charge, excellent service and staff and not to mention a sweet lobby and whiskey blue nightclub. Enough said. Stay there and then write your own wonderful trip advisor review.