This place is not "hip" or "cool" by any stretch of the imagination like some W Hotels are. Possibly the worst Starwood property I've ever stayed at next to the Charlotte Sheraton.
1. Door man watched us struggle to get our luggage in.
2. LOUD construction in the lobby.
3. THE ROOM WAS TINY. TINY. As in my closet is bigger than this room tiny. There was literally ONE FOOT of space between the end of the bed and the wall.
4. Doll-sized 12 watt blow dryer.
5. There is no sign for the fitness center when you get off the elevator. The housekeeping staff spends much of their time directing people to this oddly-placed area of the building.
6. The first day I got to the fitness center there were people "trapped" inside because there is no sign that tells you how to get out using this weird red button. Also, nobody could hear them pounding and shouting because its way on the other side of the building.
7. The fitness center was fine, but by no means "State of the Art" as the hotel claims in its literature. Some Life Fitness cardio equipment and some Precor that has definitely seen its better days.
8. Difficult to get a cab in front of the hotel. Much better to use Uber.
9. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W New York, the very first W Hotel globally, delivers high-tech hospitality in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. It is an urban retreat where your options are unlimited with Bliss Spa, Whiskey Blue and our Whatever/Whenever service culture. Our unique Extreme WOW outdoor terrace offers panoramic views of the New York City skyline. W new York has something for everyone. The eclectic collection of rooms and suites appeals to a diverse audience, while the versatile meeting spaces, studios and flexible public areas can adapt to any event or gathering our clients are creating. The newly renovated iconic Living Room is the perfect gathering place to begin your night out in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your W New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w New York Hotel New York City
- w New York City
- w Hotel New York City
- w Hotel Lexington