“Average hotel.”

W New York
Ranked #325 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stay way average but enjoyable. Most staff members were friendly. Some were not. Not the best value for what you get, but not terrible. Great location in the city. Acura experience was a great addition.

• Stayed: June 2013
GMAnnaM, General Manager at W New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your post. Please accept my apologies for any unfriendliness encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you that this is not the norm, and I will be sharing this feedback with the rest of my team so that we can rectify this. With that being said, I’m certainly glad you enjoyed our convenient locations, and were able to take advantage of our Acura service. Please contact me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you plan on returning, and we hope to see you soon. Thank you again. – Anna M., General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,659)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

There is nothing "Wonderful" about this W hotel. Despite all the hyperbole, the rooms are tiny despite "upgrades," the service is mediocre, and the space generally uninviting despite obvious attempts to make it "hip."

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I cannot explain how disappointed we were to read your comments detailing your most recent W experience. Please accept my apologies, and do not hesitate to e-mail me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com so we can rectify your concerns immediately. Thank you, and we hope we can welcome you back again soon. – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Maybe I'm a bit bias because I love this chain of hotels so much but the W New York is just stunning. The lobby was lush and the guest concierge was extremely helpful. I loved everything about the place. The room I stayed in on the 7th floor was very modern, contemporary just a bit small.

Maid service was prompt, security was enforced, everything was just gorgeous. It was a hectic 4 days in New York so I appreciated how comfortable the bed was. I was able to sleep comfortably and wake up quiet energized even after a quick nap.

It's a W, so it's quite pricey but it's worth it. The location was amazing too, I was just a few block from Grand Central Station. In short, yes I would stay again and definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sania J

Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled to see that enjoyed your W New York experience and the comfort of our signature W bed. Rest assured, I have already shared your message with the entire W team as a reminder of what we do best. Please contact me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you plan to return. Thank you again, and we can’t wait to welcome you back! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2013

First time staying at a W - I usually end up at Westin or Sheraton. Area is a bit quieter for Manhattan which is nice. The modern decor and lobby atmosphere is great, but otherwise this hotel isn't very special. Rooms are small (and I received an upgrade due to Platinum status) and need updating - especially washrooms. Service was inconsistent - front desk staff were quite slow, and housekeeping staff did not refill toiletries each night even if things ran out. No in-room coffee maker. Decent gym. Free green apples in lobby! My room was changed during the stay, and the first room never had a bath mat or glassware while the second room had no soap. Platinum breakfast at the W Cafe met Starwood standard but was nothing extraordinary. Would only stay here again if the price was competitive.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PolarBear777

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for the missing amenities in your guestrooms. I have already shared this information with our Style team so we can rectify this immediately. For future reference, coffeemakers are available at no extra charge upon request at all W hotels, and I sincerely regret if you were not made aware of this. Please e-mail me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you plan to return so we can improve upon your next W experience. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here with the hubby last Aug. The W is great for dining and the night club that they have on-site. Location is great for shopping as well as dining.
The rooms on the other hand are just way to small for me. I don't need a room that is large enough to hang out in as you don't spend much time in your room, however; being able to fit both luggages in the room and get ready would be helpful. The washrooms are very small and can only allow one person to get ready at a time.
Beds were very comfortable and plush.
Would stay here again but would just upgrade to a larger room. I believe we had the mega room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our excellent location in the heart of New York’s Midtown East. With that being said, please accept our apologies for any disappointment with the size of your assigned guestroom. For future reference, W offers many room types and sizes to cater to the needs of all of our guests. I will certainly share your comments with the rest of the W team, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please reach out to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you plan on returning. Again, thank you for your feedback. – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The W was the bet hotel to stay in at ; bath room and rooms were clean and beautiful its worth your time. I had an amazing stay I'm the cozy room it was better then what i expected. I've never seen such a pleasurable hotel. The elevators? Were Something New I've never seen. The workers were very respectful and helpful to my stay. The whenever/whatever desk was a very outstanding help.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gabbiee_C
GMAnnaM, General Manager at W New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. We love when our guests enjoy our W style and Whatever/Whenever service. I have already shared your excellent feedback with our Whatever/Whenever department and the rest of the W New York team. Please do not hesitate to contact me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you plan to return. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again real soon. – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visited this hotel on business. Overall a good hotel. The rooms were clean. The view from my room was awesome and of the Manhattan skyline. Left the drapes open all the time. They have a shuttle into Manhattan that runs every hour. Used it a few times and it worked well. They drop you near a couple of subway stops. The hotel is within two subway stops that are about 10-12 minutes walk away. Felt a little uncomfortable walking back to the hotel around 9 PM in the dark, but didn't have any issues. The shuttle driver was very helpful with restaurants. Also suggested a nice subway app for my smartphone. The desk staff was helpful, although didn't need much from them. The breakfast was good and made to order for a fee. The staff kept asking if we needed anything else and were attentive. A little unusual that there were condoms for sale in my room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our signature WOW service, and convenient location in the heart of Midtown East. I will certainly be sharing your message with the entire Whatever/Whenever team, and we hope to see you soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you plan on returning. Thank you again for your excellent feedback. – Anna M., General Manager