“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Buffalo, New York
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel the weekend after Thanksgiving. As some have said-the rooms are small-teeny really, especially for the price. The connection on the TV was horrible-even when we paid almost $16 for our daughters to watch a movie. Someone's smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night and continued for hours. It woke us and the girls up. The staff was friendly enough and the rooms were clean. The location is decent too. Overally, not a horrible experience, but in a city with so many hotels to choose from, we won't be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed for one night. The room was very small so I was glad it was just me. I think it would be tight for two people. On the plus side, they have very nice bathroom amenities. On the negative side, there were problems with the tv screens on some of the treadmills in the fitness center. Service at the front desk could be more timely/urgent. Unfortunately for me, my company likes this hotel so I'll probably be there again but I'd go somewhere else if I could.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a wonderful experience at thr W New York! We went to New York to See the Rockettes and do some shopping. Our show started before Check in. The W allowed us to leave our luggage and offered to call us when our room was ready. The gentleman that check our luggage was not only very friendly and professional but he was very attrative. All of their employess in the lobby during our brief stay were quite handsome. I enjoyed that! I got a call from the W before the show was over letting us know that our room was readyand that we could check in early. Upon arrival we found out that they had also upgraded our room, which was great because the room was on the smaller side but I expect that in NYC. The beds were amazing! Super comfortable and cozy. The street noise was a bit annoying but once again it's New York. The hotel is in a great location. We walked to Radio City Music hall, Madame Tussauds wax Museum and Times Square. We got a great deal on the price and it included 2 free drinks as well. We had a great time and will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is great, all is clean, everybody was very professional, I recommend this because it is very good the location, the heart of NYC if you want to shop, have fun, go to shows, it is all walking distance and subway is one block away, however my only complain was the the size of the room reminded me like that one from our last cruise ship.... very very very small.. so when you open the door do not have any expectations as you will be disappointing by its size... however all other aspects are great. Also I was with someone that had a birthday those days and they were so nice to send a birthday card, with cold Champagne, 2 glasses and Cheesecake... that was soooooo cute.

Room Tip: Just make sure you don't have expectations
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GPaladino1
Montclair, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I checked in for 2 days and was very impressed with the level of service I received. The front desk person noticed that I was a Platinum member and upgraded my room to a studio suite. Also, Reza over in guest services and room service helped me to get a special desert that I was craving. A great experience on my short stay in the City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
wnewyork541, Guest Services Talent Coach at W New York, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your post, Robert! I have shared your kind and gracious words with Reza, and the rest of the team here at W New York. Please drop me a line at paul.gambardella@whotels.com when you plan on returning.

Paul Gambardella
Guest Services Talent Coach
Cream Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I stayed there over Thanksgiving for three nights. My kids had the larger room with two double beds, and we had the room with one double bed. Their room was large, enough for three kids to have their own space and make a mess as usual. Our bedroom was small, but that is typical for NYC. The bed was comfy. We managed to get the rooms for a discounted rate on a website, which made it a great deal. I would stay here again. The location is great, walking distance to anywhere, safe neighborhood, staff was friendly. We did go down to the whiskey bar for a couple of drinks, nice lounge to relax after a long day. Clean hotel and nice shower.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my fiance's brithday and it was great- they organised a room upgrade, birthday card, sparkling wine and complementary taxi to our airport bus which made our holiday very special and memorable. The desk staff were also very pleasant and helpful on a daily basis. The hotel was in a good location and the bar and lobby area was a very relaxing space for a drink or coffee. The bed was huge and very comfortable. My only very minor comment is that thye wall were beginning to get a little grubby/ scuffed so could do with a re-paint but otherwise an excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review, Katie! We are thrilled that we were able to WOW you and your fiance on such a momentous occasion. I will be sharing this with the rest of the Whatever/Whenever team. Please e-mail me at paul.gambardella@whotels.com when you plan to return!

Paul Gambardella