“Loved this hotel”

Ranked #313 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Loved this hotel”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a wonderful experience at thr W New York! We went to New York to See the Rockettes and do some shopping. Our show started before Check in. The W allowed us to leave our luggage and offered to call us when our room was ready. The gentleman that check our luggage was not only very friendly and professional but he was very attrative. All of their employess in the lobby during our brief stay were quite handsome. I enjoyed that! I got a call from the W before the show was over letting us know that our room was readyand that we could check in early. Upon arrival we found out that they had also upgraded our room, which was great because the room was on the smaller side but I expect that in NYC. The beds were amazing! Super comfortable and cozy. The street noise was a bit annoying but once again it's New York. The hotel is in a great location. We walked to Radio City Music hall, Madame Tussauds wax Museum and Times Square. We got a great deal on the price and it included 2 free drinks as well. We had a great time and will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is great, all is clean, everybody was very professional, I recommend this because it is very good the location, the heart of NYC if you want to shop, have fun, go to shows, it is all walking distance and subway is one block away, however my only complain was the the size of the room reminded me like that one from our last cruise ship.... very very very small.. so when you open the door do not have any expectations as you will be disappointing by its size... however all other aspects are great. Also I was with someone that had a birthday those days and they were so nice to send a birthday card, with cold Champagne, 2 glasses and Cheesecake... that was soooooo cute.

Room Tip: Just make sure you don't have expectations
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GPaladino1
Montclair, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I checked in for 2 days and was very impressed with the level of service I received. The front desk person noticed that I was a Platinum member and upgraded my room to a studio suite. Also, Reza over in guest services and room service helped me to get a special desert that I was craving. A great experience on my short stay in the City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
wnewyork541, Guest Services Talent Coach at W New York, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your post, Robert! I have shared your kind and gracious words with Reza, and the rest of the team here at W New York. Please drop me a line at paul.gambardella@whotels.com when you plan on returning.

Paul Gambardella
Guest Services Talent Coach
Cream Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I stayed there over Thanksgiving for three nights. My kids had the larger room with two double beds, and we had the room with one double bed. Their room was large, enough for three kids to have their own space and make a mess as usual. Our bedroom was small, but that is typical for NYC. The bed was comfy. We managed to get the rooms for a discounted rate on a website, which made it a great deal. I would stay here again. The location is great, walking distance to anywhere, safe neighborhood, staff was friendly. We did go down to the whiskey bar for a couple of drinks, nice lounge to relax after a long day. Clean hotel and nice shower.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my fiance's brithday and it was great- they organised a room upgrade, birthday card, sparkling wine and complementary taxi to our airport bus which made our holiday very special and memorable. The desk staff were also very pleasant and helpful on a daily basis. The hotel was in a good location and the bar and lobby area was a very relaxing space for a drink or coffee. The bed was huge and very comfortable. My only very minor comment is that thye wall were beginning to get a little grubby/ scuffed so could do with a re-paint but otherwise an excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, Katie! We are thrilled that we were able to WOW you and your fiance on such a momentous occasion. I will be sharing this with the rest of the Whatever/Whenever team. Please e-mail me at paul.gambardella@whotels.com when you plan to return!

Paul Gambardella
Guest Services Talent Coach
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very trendy. Central location, friendly service, clean & good rooms. Excellent restaurant. Unfortunately no swimming pool. Wifi not always stable. Gym good but busy at rush hours. Problem with airco was fixed quickly after reporting. Check out swift and professional.

Room Tip: Take rooms as high as posdible. We had a room at the 48th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Everyone from the bellmen to the security guards to the front desk agents were friendly and helpful. Nice hotel, comfortable lobby to meet friends or do business with a quieter upstairs to talk, sit, read or work. Unfortunately, the only downside is the rooms are small, but that's it.

The hot cider is delicious, too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business