“Superb!”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #97 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 24, 2006

I love this hotel. It was my first time staying there. The interior was clean and well-appointed. The room that I stayed in was spacious from what I hear about NYC hotels. No complaints!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
4  Thank MondayTravels
There are newer reviews for Warwick New York

Reviewed August 23, 2006

When we arrived at the Warwick , we were informed that we had been upgraded to a suite. Our suite, the Westminster Suite on the 20th floor, was amazing! The rooms were super clean, beautifully decorated and extremely spacious, even the two closets. The marble bathroom was small, but very functional. Nice touches that aren't so common anymore, like shoehorns, slippers, etc. were present. The view from all the windows was amazing, but the view down 54th street towards 5th Ave was stunning! The staff at the hotel were more than accomodating, and went out of their way to help make our stay more enjoyable, including the doormen, front desk staff, housekeeping and the engineering staff. Murals on 54th is a very nice restaurant and Randolph's is a beautiful old bar. The lobby, though small, is extremely elegant and all of the hallways are clean, bright, and nicely decorated. This is a great old hotel and we'll definitely be staying there again! This was the best hotel experience we've had in New York, and we travel there yearly.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank merzie250
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Just returned from a 7 night stay at this hotel with my husband and daughter. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. De-luxe bedroom had two queen sized beds and was very clean and spacious. If you are used to sleeping in a darkened bedroom you may have a problem as the heavy drape curtains do not close. We improvised and tied them together with a large safety pin. Problem solved.
We did not eat at this hotel as we thought is quite pricey. There is, however, a number of restaurants nearby which offer very good value. There is a "Connollys" pub/restaurant just up the street which was good value for money and excellent food.
Location is excellent, just around the corner from MOMA and within walking distance of all other main attractions.
Next time I return to New York I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank Jesson
Reviewed August 3, 2006

I just returned from staying at the Warwick Aug. 1& 2: This is a fine old hotel with a Great location to Radio City, Rockafeller Center, Times Square and next door to MoMA.

I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel after just returning from a few surprises on the West Coast and after having stayed in an older hotel in Boston last year. I received a pleasant surprise upon check in a the Warwick. Quick check-in, great old up scale decor (I felt like I needed to be dressed up to stay here). Elevator is a little noisy and rough at times and sometimes slow. I was staying on the 29th floor so I stopped the elevator on every 10th floor on the way down.

I was a little worried when I got to the 29th floor and the hallway was very warm/hot, but once in my room it was very cool and comfy. Average temp. outside the days of my stay 95-100 F.

You could tell the hotel was old but it was very well maintained. I stayed in room 2901 and was very happy with my room and furnishing. View outside the window is of a brick wall but hey, I didn't come to New York to look out the window. The door stuck a little but it was no problem. The ice machine was right next door to my room and there is a save in the closet. The closet even has a light that turns on when you open the door.

Being a female staying alone at the hotel I felt very safe. Will definately stay at this hotel again and will recommend to anyone visiting NYC.

Stayed: August 2006
8  Thank meh7976
Reviewed July 24, 2006

This hotel was somewhat of a disppointment. It is a good price for NY and in a good location. Right by broadway shows, TCKTS location, central park and the MOMA. However, the bed was very uncomfortable, the handles on the doors were mismatched; one side was gold and the other silver, our room was located across the street from a dental building that left their lights on over night and because we didn't have proper curtains, it was very bright in the room. We barely touched the headboard and it fell out of the wall, narrowly missing my foot. The maid service was inconsistent. The ice machine 4 floors down was broken and there was no sign to tell us where to get more and when we asked downstairs they looked at us like we were lying and rudely told us another floor to get ice. The real kicker was having both of our key cards fail and having to go all the way back down to the lobby to get new ones. But that didn't happen just once, that also had to happen when we popped out for ice in our pajamas and then couldn't get back into the room. There is nothing more exciting than going down to a busy lobby in pajamas and having the staff be discourteous and uncaring. In NY you expect the best service and the Warwick was not it. The lobby was really lovely but unfortunately you won't be staying in the lobby, it will be the [-------] room they send you to that is barely being held together with shotty workmanship. Not even having proper curtains in the room was unacceptable considering the fact that the city is always bright and a lot of people stay out late and want to sleep in late. The shower was another disaster. It took on average 5 minutes to get hot water, longer if it was late at night or early in the morning. There was also zero water pressure so you can forget putting conditioner in your hair b/c you won't be able to get it out. I pulled on the shower head to move it and it literally came out out of the wall with the pipe it was attached to and of course was so cheap it wouldn't move or even change the way the water came out. And of course no water pressure in the shower means none in the toilet which means if you put too much tissue in it and try to flush, it clogs.
In NY you won't spend much time in your room but it is really annoying to have such great service when you are out and then have to deal with not so good service when you are just tired and want some rest. The price and location were great for NY but don't spoil your whole vacation dealing with this hotel, it isn't worth it.

Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank izzy95
Reviewed July 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed here in June for 4 nites. I found a deal on the website in March for our June stay that couldn't compare to any other hotel, based on location and other extras.

We paid $275 per night for a deluxe oversized room with a view, of which we had a view of the Avenue of the Americas and also a full breakfast was included. The breakfast was a buffet, but was always hot and had lots of fruit, pastries, eggs meats etc. On the third day, I was a little tired of the buffet, and requested a waffle, of which there was no charge.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat! The only downside was that it was hot and muggy when we were there and the room while it got cool, the air conditioner had to run continuously to do that and it wasn't cold, just cool.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank beebes
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We just returned from a truly lovey stay at The Warwick. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Deluxe room and the positives continued until check out. The room was very clean, spacious, quiet and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was also well appointed and comparable to other 4+ star hotel I've stayed at. We ordered the continental breakfast (coffee, juice, danishes) and it was just ok; not worth the 16.50 but it came very fast. The location was perfect, the valet was quick and courteous. We have finally found a place to stay when we travel to NY, which is on average, once a month. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2006