“Still a great place to stay”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #89 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Ormond Beach, FL
“Still a great place to stay”
Reviewed May 30, 2006

This was my second stay at the Warwick. I stayed in room 1705 - no view, save a brick wall, however, it was very quiet at night. (I stayed here last year in a different room that faced the street and it was loud). Comfortable, extremely clean - except for a coffee maker, it is everything you could want in a room. Friendly, efficient staff, nice bar (as another reviewer said - pricey - but what isn't in NYC?). Tip - less than one block north on the same side of the street (on 6th) there is a terrific grocery store with everytihng you might want, including lots of great pre-made items. I stay at the Warwick when I am in NYC for a trade show and always stop there on my first night to buy large bottles of water to take to the show - much more cost efficient than buying it at the Javits! Easy walk to Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Radio City, etc.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
11 Thank BJL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed May 28, 2006

My friend and I spent 3 nights in this hotel and were not impressed. When we arrived, they gave us a smoking room when I in fact had stipulated non-smoking. The room had a foul smell and there was a cigerette butt still in an ashtray that had not been cleaned. After notifying the front desk, they immediately moved us to a non-smoking room that was right next to the elevators. Everytime someone got on or off a bell would ring letting the user know it was going up or down. The sound of the bell was annoying as hell, especially when trying to sleep. The small child that stayed in the room next to ours with his parents didn't help matters either. Every morning his parents would allow him to run up and down the hall screaming his little head off. To top things off, during our last day in our new room, the toilet overflowed, flooding the bathroom floor. It took 4 hotel staff to fix the toilet and clean-up the mess. The TV in the room was very small, about 15" screen and over 20 years old. I could go on and on about what was wrong with this, as Betty Davis would say, "dump". But I'm sure you get the picture. On a more positive note, I will say that the hotel is in an excellent location close to many great attractions and that the staff was friendly.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2006

We stayed at this hotel last year, it was for my 30th Birthday, what a great central location, hotel was very clean, only thing was we had a room with no view other than a brick wall!! I called to reception but the hotel was fully booked and they could not move us, other than that you really could not fault it.

• Stayed November 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2006

Quaint, affordable, nicely decorated, large, beautiful bathrooms and the windows open. Great restaurant-bar (pricey) and lobby.
Overall, a comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank amlawley
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Warwick. Fantastic location within walking distance to EVERYTHING!!! Stayed on the 10th floor facing 6th Avenue...high enough not to be bothered by the honking taxis!!! Lovely room, clean bathroom, great water pressure (despite what another guest reported) prompt elevators (despite what another guest reported). The Bell Captain was awesome....we followed all of his recommendations and were not disappointed!! Would definitely return to the Warwick...great value!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Durango, CO
Reviewed May 1, 2006

I stayed in room 619 at the Warwick for 10 nights. The room itself was terrific. Roomy, very comfortable, nicely furnished, it actually looked alot like the pictures on the website. Except in my room I had a white down comforter on the bed, not the matching bedspread shown in the pictures. The bathroom was fine, no issues with the the water pressure or temp. I also had no issues with the elevators.

I had room service twice and both times it was timely and delicious. (Room service in NY is very, very expensive! It's all the add-ons: Don't ever tip on top of the bill, a generous tip is already included as well as a "delivery fee" and a "service charge".) If I hadn't been battling a vicious cold I would have ventured out both times - there are plenty of coffee shops, grocery stores and delis in the neighborhood.

The neighborhood is great. You can walk everywhere and all the buses and subway lines are within spitting distance. Times Square, Central Park, Macy's are all easily doable from the Warwick. I walked home through Central Park from the Met! (Probably when I got the cold!)

My only complaint was the noise levels. The room I was in overlooked 6th Avenue. And WOW is 6th Avenue noisy. For some reason New Yorkers honk their car horns all the time. I rode a bus from Washington Square to 54th Street and the busdriver honked his horn the whole way. One cab I was in laid on his horn all the way across town. Even the shuttle in from the airport made liberal use of his horn. I'm not sure why they do it since it doesn't appear to make a lick of difference. Loud, loud, loud. I spent the day up in Morningside Heights and they have big signs posted stating that there's a $350 fine for honking your car horn. I suggest the Warwick get itself some BIG signs....

• Stayed April 2006
9 Thank Marquetta
glasgow
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Stayed here last year for six nights. Service was efficient (not overly friendly but we didn't need that), room was a good size, clean and serviced daily. The hotel was in a great location and have to say I had no complaints at all. We booked through holiday website at a discounted rate and didn't expect 5 star luxury but I thought it was above average for what we paid, especially after speaking to friends who have also stayed in mid-town manhattan. For all the time we actually spent in our room this holiday, the Warwick was perfect. I would definitely stay here again if we went back, providing it was the discounted rate. Maybe I would have expected more luxury if we had paid the hotels room rate.

• Stayed September 2005