“Great Place”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #109 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed here with my husband (who was working) and daughter late July 2014. How lucky were we? We had a massive room which is such a luxury. Never had this much room ever and I have been around the block a few times. I want clean and quiet and well located in my hotel (with a/c in summer). You get this and so much more. The staff are really lovely and friendly. Jay serving breakfast (which by the way is fantastic) and so sweet and cheery and he gets up at 4am. We also loved Kevin, the concierge who gave us great ideas for restaurants and travelling to Brooklyn. Really felt luxurious and we felt so lucky to stay here. Only bum note was our phone was kaput (offered to change rooms but my husband said no thanks). I would love to come and stay next time too. The hotel has a nice history and is so traditional (in a good way). After all Cary Grant lived here for 12 years. If if it is good enough for Cary - definitely good enough for us. Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on 21 and had a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your very positive feedback. We were all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I know that Jay and Kevin were especially please to learn that they made a difference. We hope to see you again the next time you visit New York.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed on Friday 7/25/2014. We were celebrating my birthday with dinner, a show (Cabaret) and a nice hotel. They far far exceeded my expectations. We arrived at the hotel at 2:15 and were told that they had upgraded us but the room wasn't ready till the 3:00 check in time. We were fine with that and left the luggage and walked around for 45 minutes. Everyone was so nice from the woman who took the reservation, to the doorman who opened up the doors for us to the reception clerk and the concierge. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised with how large the room was. So nice and elegant. We had a nice view of the street and other buildings. The bathroom was of a nice size.
We were getting ready for our evening when there was a knock on the door from Room service. We were confused as we hadn't ordered anything. It was a gift of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and berries from the hotel, who had noted from an off the cuff remark I said when we made the reservations that it was my birthday. What a treat!!!
The beds were comfortable and I couldn't have asked for anything more.
The next morning we had the buffet breakfast, the food was great, and again the service was flawless.
My other daughter and baby granddaughter met up with us after breakfast and they were so sweet to the baby and helped my daughter carry the stroller down the stairs and told us where there was a ramp for next time we left.
All in all, it was a dream evening in NYC, and The Warwick NYC Hotel played a big part.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel special, for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Happy birthday! And thank you for having selected The Warwick as your celebration base. We were thrilled to hear that everyone went out of their way to make your special occasion a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed here Friday, July 25th. It was our first time at the Warwick, and we booked the Romantic Getaway Package. We arrived around noon, so we didn't expect our room to be ready that early (it wasn't), we just wanted to check our bags and start our day in the city. Marc at the front desk explained that although the room wasn't ready, we'd be very happy when we returned. Without asking for it, he told us we were upgraded to a Signature Suite! The "Modern Art" is a beautiful, large suite with a private terrace and terrific views of the city (25th floor, room 2506/7). We were very pleased with the champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, breakfast buffet in Murals and the 2:00 check out (all part of the package). The bed, linens, bathroom, etc. were all clean and exceptional. We hoped for a great getaway, but we never expected to be treated to such a wonderful and truly once in a lifetime experience. We can't wait to return to the Warwick!

Room Tip: We had free wifi due to our room upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing The Warwick for your recent romantic get away. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our signature suites, the Modern Art Suite and that Marc was able to make your stay very memorable by providing this upgrade to you. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to New York City.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our stay in NYC at the Warwick was business for my husband and pleasure for me. And, that's exactly what it was - a pleasure! Everyone at the hotel is very accommodating and friendly. Our room was a nice size and the bathroom was fine. Most of all, this hotel is in a great location for shopping and sightseeing! No negatives at all and we look forward to staying there in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for writing about your positive experience. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We recently stayed at the Warwick Hotel in Manhattan for a weekend wedding. The staff and accommodations were excellent. This hotel offers spaciousness and luxury at a very affordable rate. Their suites are priced comparable to other small hotel rooms in Manhattan. And, the location is excellent. A mere 3 blocks from Central Park. You won't staying here!

Room Tip: For the extra couple of dollars you definately want a suite. The corner suites are larger and have...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for declaring that we are the best hotel in New York City. We will do everything we can to live up to this sentiment and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Once again we stayed at the Warwick in NYC. We came up for both business and pleasure. Upon our arrival we were greeted and immediately after signing in were given a very nice, clean, modern and bug free room. The Hotel has re-modeled their rooms and we had absolutely no complaints.
The staff all greeted us, by name, and once again made us feel like we were home. The food was quite good and so was the service.
If you're looking for ultra fancy ego tripping hotel, go some where else. If you want safe, clean, quiet and friendly place, then The Warwick is a good bet for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank midgick
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you so very much for staying with us again recently and for writing about your very positive experience. We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to many more visits in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel was good and The ubication is excelent. The room was big enough and confortable. But The bathroom was The smalest I'd Ever seen in my life! So unconfortable! I'm a small woman but I sure that a man can't fit inside!!! Won't back again.

Stayed: August 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you very much for having stayed with us recently and for posting your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as possible due to the size of the bathroom in your room, but was happy to hear that your actual bedroom was comfortable. Should you decide to stay with us again after all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can assist in setting up your reservation.