“Wonderful, superb hotel”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #109 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We are having a wonderful stay in this great hotel!

We found the hotel online and booked on short notice. We arrived early and the staff including Vilma and Joel were very helpful and pleasant and we were able to get an early check-in.

The room is beautiful, we have a nice view, and the service is excellent.

The restaurant has a wonderful decor with murals on the walls and the food is excellent.

The hotel has a great location close to lots of attractions and easy to find.

You can't go wrong staying here!

R & R visiting from California

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for specifically recognizing both Vilma and Joel as individuals who provided you with the superb service we strive for every day. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Peter Walterspiel

Write a ReviewReviews (4,472)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I returned for a short stay after 2 years and re-discovered why the Warwick simply works. Times Square and Central Park are within 10 min walks and the hotel is well located for the 5th Ave subway. Rooms have been recently renovated and great value for money. Old world charm with modern comforts. Only kink was a noisy A/C unit. Most importantly, hotel staff are efficient and courteous, a welcome reception after tiring travel. Happy to find the experience as good as my previous stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for coming to stay with us again during your recent visit to New York City. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to better than the last time you visited. the next time you stay with us we will have become even better yet. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Just got back from a week in the big apple and stayed at the Warwick. The locations is great. Just close enough to Times Sq to walk there in a few minutes and just far enough away that you are not in a sea of tourists and vendors. As I mentioned, this is an old school hotel. Room was small but I lucked out and got one with a Patio. Not a balcony, but a full fledged patio overlooking 6th Avenue. FANTASTIC!!!! Central Park to my right and midtown to my left. Attached is a view from the patio. The room was not overly expensive for NYC and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: You have to ask for a room with Patio. I didn't know they had them. But it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The Warwick and for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that we were able to upgrade you to one of our suites with a terrific terrace and it seems as if the weather cooperated so that you could enjoy this special amenity of ours. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

As part of a group, which negotiated an attractive rate (before taxes, etc.) of $300 per night, my husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We arrived around 12:30 pm on Saturday and were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready before the official 3 p.m. check in time. Another surprise was that we were given free WiFi. Nice start to our stay! Our room and bathroom were good size (by NYC standards) and very clean. The only negative was elevator service. The Warwick has just three, quite small elevators, and one was out of service on Sunday. If my husband hadn't found the service elevator bank, we would have been waiting for a long time to get to the lobby from a high floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for writing about your stay. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us even if one of our elevators decided to malfunction on the Sunday of your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I just spent a long weekend at the Warwick. We had an inside room, which was dark as others have noted, but it was fine. It wasn't totally dark - more like it would be on a dark, dreary day. The good thing about it was that it was very quiet (and we slept much later than we normally sleep!). We had a king room, and it was large by city standards. It was well-decorated and very clean. We thought it was a very good room, and the location was absolutely perfect. We could walk to Broadway, Central Park, the museums, restaurants and pubs. The subway was close by, so it was an easy trip to Soho.

The staff was fine - the front desk staff was not overly friendly, but the housekeepers were very friendly, as were the concierge and doormen (who were great with getting us a cab to the airport). I was a bit surprised that we didn't even get an acknowledgment of the fact that we were staying for our anniversary (I noted it in our reservation and in subsequent emails) - I would have expected a "Congratulations" at check-in. Not a big deal, but odd. In addition, I joined the frequent guest program as I generally do if one is available ... I emailed twice to have the reservation added to my frequent guest account, but I never received an acknowledgment. There may have been a reason it wasn't added, and that is fine ... I'm just surprised at the lack of response.

We hope to return again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The Warwick New York Hotel celebrating your anniversary and for sharing your feedback. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you intend to return in the future. We look forward to seeing you again then.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We chose this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend. We tried to check in a little earlier than the scheduled 3pm check-in and we're given an upgraded premium suite with an entrance foyer, separate living area and a very large bedroom space. Wonderful! The view from every window was closely facing brick walls of other buildings but the magnificent space, something you don't expect in NYC, made up for it. The hotel itself is a classically updated elegant building with a beautiful exterior facade, beautiful hallways and a great staff. It is located on a main corner which is out of the hustle and bustle of Times Sq but a short walk to that area and only a few blocks south of Central Park. A nice central area. The only negative I would say about this hotel is the air conditioning was never cool, even though we tried daily to turn down the temp. This would only be an issue I think on the hotter days in NYC. Great stay.

Room Tip: Perhaps try to check in early as we did to get an upgraded space. Hotel was full, so they were knew...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for posting your feedback. I am glad that we were able to upgrade your accommodations when you arrived and very happy that you enjoyed everything we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Warwick for three nights this past weekend to celebrate his birthday. The hotel is lovely! As others have stated, it is classy, has a great location and the rooms are spacious, clean and quiet.

The customer service, or lack thereof, is the bad & the ugly. Firstly, many times when we walked into or out of the hotel, I did not see anyone at the front desk. The first day we checked in there was a less-than friendly woman who helped us while two others stood right next to her chatting away. It seemed we had walked in right when they were all having an important conversation that couldn't be interrupted. Sorry.

The most unbelievable moment, however, was when one of the front desk staff called my husband "buddy". When we told him we were here celebrating my husband's birthday, he said "Well Happy Birthday buddy!" and changed the subject. It was casual, and almost insulting. I guarantee an older couple would not have received the same treatment. If not sir and ma'am, then nothing at all would have been better. (No, we didn't receive any special birthday surprises or treatment- which is fine, but obviously they don't take note of these special occasions for everyone, as I've seen on the other tripadvisor reviews)

I would like to mention my husband and I are always respectful and courteous and we certainly did not warrant this kind of response from the front desk staff.

I really loved this hotel, it was clean and quiet and it was right across from MoMA (bonus)! However, I probably will not come back because I really believe that customer service can make the biggest difference between a happy customer and a disgruntled customer. I think I'd rather take our chances elsewhere where we'll feel more wanted!

P.S The cleaning staff was excellent. They were attentive and kind and went out of their way to see to our needs. Thank you for your hard work!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Hanna Y

Thank you very much for having chosen The Warwick for your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, our location, and our general ambiance.

I am terribly sorry about the overly casual encounter with a member of our Front Desk staff you described in your review. We clearly are not known for this type of service approach and I can only hope that you will accept my apologies for this behavior that seems to have marred an otherwise very enjoyable stay. I have used your example to re-enforce with everyone what is acceptable to say and what is not.

Should I ever be able to be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.