“Warwick New York” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Warwick New York
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Larne, United Kingdom
“Warwick New York”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Perfect location, is walking distance to anywhere in midtown NY. The hotel is clean and comfortable, everything works well and the staff are friendly enough. The habit of adding numerous taxes and gratuity to everything you buy at the hotel is deceiving and annoying, nothing is as it seems.(USA is not the only country on earth that has a tax system) I expect to pay what I've been quoted! The food and beverage at the Warwick is possibly among the most expensive in NY and is very basic. WiFi costs $10/19 per day and we paid a full day's tariff for 2 hr late check out! We loved the position but will try somewhere else next trip

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rhonda H
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Although I was happy to hear that you generally enjoyed your stay with us I was sorry to read that you will not be returning to The Warwick the next time you travel to Manhattan. Should there be anything I can do to change your mind, would you kindly contact me?

Peter Walterspiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Absolutely lovely hotel right in the heart of midtown but just a couple of blocks away from the madness and crowds. Walk to central park, Schwartz toy shop, 5th avenue for shopping, St Patrick's cathedral, museums etc. Classic iconic hotel with old world charm. We booked 2 rooms to accommodate a family of six and we had adjacent rooms at end of the corridor which was ideal for noisy kids. I informed the hotel a couple of days before that it was my eldest daughters 13th birthday and she was thrilled when we got to the room there was a card for her and a lovely arrangement of chocolate strawberries followed by a basket of fruit, more chocolates and a small bottle of wine for my husband and I. Very thoughtful. Rooms are lovely and quiet considering you're in middle of ny. We were in bed early every night and were never disturbed by any noise. Really comfy beds and rooms had a lovely view of street and Xmas lights. Hotel staff were lovely and friendly and helpful when advice was needed. Only 1 negative comment. No tea/coffee in the room which was a slight drawback for me but of coarse you are in new york and at any time you can pop out to the many deli bars for coffee. The bar seems to be a popular spot with patrons from hotel and outside as there is a door directly to street. We had drinks in it a few times and there was a nice busy atmosphere there. Hope to return to new York soon and would definitely stay in this hotel again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Email hotel before you arrive with your own requests. If you don't ask you won't receive!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MGalligan
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your first ever visit to New York. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your daughter had a great birthday here. Thank you also for recommending us so enthusiastically. Please come and stay with us again the next time you visit; we look forward to seeing you again.

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

When making my reservation, I mentioned that I had an important birthday coming up so it would be a special trip for my daughter and me. Upon arrival, I was happy to hear that I had been upgraded to a double room, which was spacious and very tastefully decorated. When we returned to the room that evening, I was greeted by an wonderful array of birthday treats -- a bowl of fresh fruit, wine and chocolate strawberries. Besides that, the bed was extremely comfortable; high quality sheets, comforter and pillows made for a great night's sleep. Individual room temperature control was also most welcome. Friendly and helpful staff made our stay just perfect. The hotel is is a great location and I would definitely return. We did eat our meals out because the hotel's restaurant was a bit pricey but that was no problem since there are restaurants galore in all price ranges nearby. Close to all modes of transportation.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was located in a corner away from the elevators. There was no noise fr...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank frances b
Thank you very much for staying with us and happy belated birthday! We were thrilled to read that you celebrated your special day with us and that you enjoyed the spacious room you were in along with the treats we sent you. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Southington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I were staying in NYC for a slightly belated wedding anniversary. We told the staff that, and they upgraded us to a suite and allowed us to check-in early. This allowed us to visit the Museum of Modern Art across the street that afternoon. the hotel location allows easy walking distance to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the theater district (we went to see Wicked which was phenomenal). The hotel restaurant offers good value for lunch but not for breakfast (The breakfast buffet was quite pricey).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David M
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for having chosen The Warwick as your wedding anniversary get away. We were happy to hear that the upgrade we were able to provide you with added to the enjoyment of your stay and hope to see you again soon.

St. james, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for my birthday but inadvertently chose the wrong date.
When attempting to check in I discovered that I had booked for the previous weekend and was considered a no show. They was sympathetic and although I had to pay again, she gave us a great price and an upgraded room. That evening we were surprised with a bottle of wine and chocolates. Although I ended up spending a little bit more, it was definitely soothing to have someone so helpful. We plan to return to the Warwick. The room was lovely and the location was great. Thank you to the day manager on Jan. 11th.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank cjcli
Thank you very much for spending your recent birthday with us and for writing about how your celebration was saved by one of our managers. We were happy to hear that all worked out in the end and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We came here for my 40th birthday. The staff upgraded our room, gave us a bottle of champagne and chocolates. They were helpful. the room was spacious and clean. Starbucks and convenience store next door. MOMA next door. Very convenient. Would recommend and stay here again. Breakfast was very good also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank charlotte m
Happy belated birthday and thank you for spending it with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay so much that you will not only return, but also recommend us to others. See you soon.

Guttenberg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I booked the romance package at the Warwick as a gift for my boyfriend and our stay was great from beginning to end. The location could not be better! There are so many things to do within a few blocks. The service was great, everyone on the staff was so attentive. We were able to check in early and were so lucky to have been upgraded to a lovely and spacious suite! Both were a great bonus!! We will definitely come back to the Warwick when we need another night away from it all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teecee111_11
Thank you very much for staying with us after making the journey to Manhattan. I was very happy to read that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful time and that we were able to make your visit even more special with an upgrade to one of our great suites. We look forward to your return visit.