“Great hotel! Great location!”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #93 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Great hotel! Great location!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel & will definitely stay there again. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location and the property is extremely clean. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the experience and we will be definitely going back soon.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Fishinggtd
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. We were happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Warwick for business. The location of the hotel is ideal, close to various subway lines, eateries, shopping, theaters and Rock Center. I was greeted with courtesy upon arrival and throughout my stay... but I was most shocked to discover that on my last trip, I had been upgraded to an amazing suite with a huge terrace. Totally breathtaking, ruined me for all future travel, it was just that awesome! But even in their less posh suites, the Warwick seems pretty generous with the square footage, at least compared to other NYC hotels.

I have only high praise for the Warwick and would recommend it to all friends, family and colleagues.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us for the second time during your recent visit. It was nice to hear that we were able to upgrade you to one of our suites with a terrace and that you were able to enjoy the extra space. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future and for your third visit.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2013

A true 4 star deluxe hotel, with large rooms! Our room was fully renovated in 2013, and the only flaw was a mismatched strikerplate for the door latch which caused the door to shake noisily from time to time. Easily fixed if they care to do it (I used a piece of cardboard). Location is ideal for tourists. Far enough from Times Square to avoid that hustle and bustle, but close enough to walk there if you choose. Doorman would jog over to nearby 6th Avenue to whistle down a cab for you. Desk clerk offered me free Wi-Fi simply because his computer froze while he was checking me in, and I had to wait for a re-boot. If you approach the concierge desk, someone immediately comes to offer you help. To me these are the subtle differences between a true 4 star hotel, and a pretender. The room was oversized by New York standards. Ours was on the 22nd floor, and had windows facing two directions. No street noise whatsoever. The bathroom was brand new, and designed as wheelchair accessible. Marble tiles floor to ceiling. Very large and comfortable.A mirror over the desk are would have helped, but at least there was one on the back of the closet door. Large closet. Excellent and functional furniture. I used to stay at this hotel with family back in the 1970's, and was anxious to see how it looked today. Needless to say the hotel is thriving, and it shall now become our hotel of choice when we return. And the rates are very reasonable!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for posting your review. We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and also thank you for your comments about the strike plate on your door. We like the fact that you will come back in the future and we look forward to your next visit.

Orlando, FL
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect...you are removed from the craziness of Times Square but very close to Central Park, MOMA and Radio City. Our room (a king, with outside view) was spacious and comfortable, especially by NYC standards. Service was friendly and prompt. The only downsides (minor) were the shower (it was difficult to achieve and maintain a consistent and comfortable water temperature) and the lack of soundproofing in the rooms (you will hear every hallway conversation). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for posting your review. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and proximity to some of the sights Manhattan has to offer. I am sorry that you had a difficult time maintaining the water temperature in your shower. We are working on a fix in the room you occupied. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Lovely hotel in Midtown. I stayed at a Warwick hotel in Denver earlier this year and choose to stay at the Warwick in NYC since I was pleased with the Denver location. The Warwick in NYC exceeded my expectations. The rooms were larger than most hotels I’ve stayed at in NYC (including the Hilton which is across the street). The hotel has charm and is peaceful. I stayed on the 14th floor in a corner room with a nice view of The Avenue of Americas which was great for viewing the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The rooms were quiet and relaxing, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very small, but it didn’t bother me. The staff was wonderful, all were pleasant. Randolph’s is the hotel restaurant and we just went there once for dessert and a drink. Most people say it’s expensive but it is on par with any other hotel bar/restaurant in NYC. The elevators were tiny which presented a few issues during the busy Thanksgiving holiday, but this was to be expected. The stairs were easy to find and use.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to NYC. The location can’t be beat and the prices are less expensive than other hotels in that area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your Thanksgiving holiday, following your experience at our Denver sister hotel. We were very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, including the view over the parade rout on 6th Avenue. Please come and see us again in the future.

Gaithersburg
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Visited New York to celebrate my 11th year anniversary with my girlfriend. The hotel was at a convenient location, close to the central park. The Watwick Hotel had the 5 star hotel service, look, and feel I was looking for, for well within my budget. Also as a bonus I received a surprise complementary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered srawberry waiting in the room when I first walked in. The room was spacious and clean. Had a great evening, I would highly recommend the Warwick hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2013
Congratulations on your 11th anniversary! I was happy to hear that we were able to make it a memorable experience and that we will see you back again in the future.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent customer service, doorman, Johnnie!
Great hotel, we especially enjoyed the lounge!
Convenient location, easy in and out of the city.
Appreciate the city view from our window - last visit looked out into another building, thank you reservation dept for assisting with room selection prior to visit

Room Tip: request rooms with a window that faces the street