“Great place to stay in NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brussels, Belgium
“Great place to stay in NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Extremely well located in Midtown, iconic environment and history, great bar (friendly staff, wonderful cocktails), the better floor rooms are very comfortable, others less so (but overall upgrading is underway as I understand) - generally service is wonderful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your impressions on tripadvisor.com. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future and when all of our rooms and suites will have been renovated, which will be toward the end of March 2014.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was my first time in NY and I was feeling a bit uneasy but staff at the Warwick Hotel were excellent and made my stay most enjoyable.
I arrived at around 8pm, the lady at the front desk (I believe her name was Vilma?) and the gentleman working with her were most welcoming and so helpful, checking in was a breeze which was great because I was exhausted from traveling.

I stayed at the Warwick Hotel this past end of August and I must say my stay there was wonderful! My room was on the 15th floor, beautiful and spacious clean room, very comfortable bed, pillows and sheets. The bathroom was also very clean (a bit small but I didn't mind). Oh and having an extra sink other than in the bathroom was great, soo convenient when traveling with others, I love hotels that have this!
Coming to NY everyone was telling me to be careful of bed bugs etc and my biggest concern with any hotel is of course cleanliness and comfort, the Warwick Hotel definitely did not disappoint!!

Not only is the location perfect, (I walked EVERYWHERE I went to see so many tourist attractions, so convenient) but the concierge and bell men were always so helpful and attentive. Even bumping into the cleaning staff in the morning they were always friendly and helpful if I needed any extra towel, shampoo, you name it.

Thank you for making my first time in NY an excellent and comfortable experience. I have told all my friends about this hotel and few may be going there some time next year. Next time I am in NY again, I will DEFINITELY stay at the Warwick!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us, for recommending us, and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay on tripadvisor.com. We were thrilled to hear that we made your first visit to Manhattan a memorable one and look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Rotherham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just spent an amazing 6 nights 4th-10th sept at the Warrick for my 40 th birthday. On our arrival we were upgraded to a premier king room on the 11 th floor. The room was spotless spacious and had the most comfortable bed which was greatly appreciated when returning from our long days exploring new York. On our first night after our long flight we returned to our room to find prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries (greatly appreciated and a lovely touch). Ruldolphs bar lovely. My other half spent one afternoon drinking and chatting to Frank the barman and another new Yorker (ex Belfast) learning the history of New York and the hotel. Beautiful decor and character just what we were looking for. Ideally situated for Rockefeller, Central Park, Times Square, theatre and 5th Ave (Tiffanys - my other half thinks I planned this). Would definitely recommend and wouldn't hesitate in staying again on any future visits 2 New York. I would just like to say a massive thank you to the hotel for making my 40th birthday treat in New York extra special

Room Tip: Can only comment that the premier king rooms fantastic. Not sure what the standard room are like bec...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Birthday! We were thrilled to hear that you celebrated it while you were a guest in our hotel and that you plan on celebrating all future birthdays in New York and with us! We look forward to your next visits.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just on a one-night visit to the city. We left an infant at home so couldn't stay longer. The Warwick was a really fantastic place to stay. Absolutely zero complaints.

The location was fantastic. So close to everything!

Remember, Fridays after 4:00 the Museum of Modern Art is FREE! It is literally right across the street. While no one appreciates art less than I do, there was lots to admire - Picassos, etc. I wish I had taken advantage of the whole 4 hours (well, lets say 3).

We had a nice breakfast at the Warwick which was excellent but ridiculously expensive.

We had a great time and can't wait to come back to the Warwick!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with and wish to thank you for staying with us, for writing about us and for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here at the end of August for 5 nights, and we had a ball.
Upon discovering that we were celebrating our 21st birthdays, the hotel upgraded us to a huge, beautifully appointed corner room with a view of 6th avenue. When we returned that evening we were greeted by a platter of strawberries and a bottle of prosecco, another lovely touch.
The hotel is perfectly located; Times Sq is 5 minutes one way, Central Park the other. The only complaint I could have about the hotel is the lack of free wifi. It was a real pain, and is something I expect of a hotel in this day and age. Overall, however, we loved the hotel and it was a perfect base for our New York stay.

• Stayed August 2013
A belated Happy Birthday to both you and your girlfriend. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the lack of free WiFi. We are constantly re-evaluating the charges we impose for WiFi usage and your comments were very helpful. Please come and stay with us again the next time you travel to New York.

Buntingford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in late Aug 2013. The hotel was safe, clean, a little old fashion but in good repair. The staff were very helpful & knowlegdable. The hotel is ideally located for Time Square & the Empire State building and is close to Central park. We did not eat in the hotel as the restaurant was above our price range. No pool, but there was a small fitness centre. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: For a less noisy room ask for a room overlooking 54th street rather than 6th Avenue
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to New York and for writing about your experiences. We hope that you will make us your hotel of choice again in the future.

Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Great location, near from Central Park and subway. Optimal size of the room (expecially to NY), the hotel is beautiful and joyful. Good staf! I recomend and will be there next time in NY.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel, it's location, and our rooms and service. We were happy to hear that you chose The Warwick and that you will be back when you come to new York again.