“The start of a great New York City stay!!”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #111 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and we received excellent care starting with Althea, the reservation agent who I spoke to 3 or 4 times. She reserved a beautiful and spacious room for my husband and I and our daughter. It was a corner room with a view straight down 6th Avenue. We also got to meet her, which was so nice. A very sweet young lady. We had a roll-away in the room with a king bed and there was still so much space. We also ate in the bar a couple of times and the food was delicious. We loved the whole experience of New York and Althea and The Warwick Hotel made it possible.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LaurieEthel
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing about your recent experience at the Warwick New York. I was thrilled to hear that Althea in reservations took such good care of you and that your room was perfect for you. Please come and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to New York.

Peter Walterspiel

Write a ReviewReviews (4,478)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in late August - perfect location, so close to Rockefeller, 5th Ave, MOMA, Central Park and few blocks from Times Square and Broadway - absolutely ideal. Our deluxe suite was comfortable and well appointed, however the bathroom was tiny!! We were shown a recently refurbished better suite, but frankly the bathroom was the same - a pair of sinks would have made all the difference. Breakfast is a good, well prepared buffet - especially if it is included in your room rate - the waiting staff are friendly.
The hotel is a bit impersonal perhaps - but that is the same for any City centre hotel - would return again though for location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steelsontour

Thank you very much for posting your review about your recent stay in one of our suites. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us because of our location and for the comfortable environment you were in, despite the fact the we don't have the largest bathrooms in town. Please do come and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My fiancée and I recently stayed in the Warwick Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel has a fantastic location and our room was stunning. We paid a little extra for a deluxe room but our view was worth it. The staff at the hotel were really friendly and our room was spacious and clean and tidy. I highly recommend this hotel. The only thing I would say was that the air conditioning was fairly loud in the evening, but this really is the only negative thing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurynMann

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We enjoyed reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again at the Warwick in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the Warwick Hotel in New York in June/July.

It was the perfect location for our time in New York as tourists. Easy walking to Times Square, Central Park and the shopping in 5th Avenue.

Service was efficient and friendly without being "in your face".

It was quiet. Good size rooms, new bathrooms.

Everything worked.

I cannot think of anything negative to say about the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lukim_58

Thank you kindly for your very concise review of your recent stay with us. We like hearing from our guests that everything we offered was just right and there were no negative impressions. When your travels bring you back to New York please come and stay with us again.

warm regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed in the Westminster suite from August 30-Sep 1 on the 4th floor and found it very difficult to sleep, as a room in that area needs suitable blackout blinds, given all of the light coming from the streets. As such, this wasn't only an issue in the morning but at night as well. At other hotels, such as Westin, the blackout blind extends throughout the window making the room a pleasure to sleep. I mentioned this to the front desk staff upon checkout and I didn't get a feeling that they really cared about my complaint. I hope this will be treated accordingly as I can't imagine being the only person with this issue.

Room Tip: make sure your room has a proper blackout blind as very hard to sleep from all of the light at morni...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank melech99
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am terribly sorry that the blackout shades in your suite did not perform as intended. A good night's sleep is what we generally provide and I hope you accept my apologies for the fact that you were not able to obtain the dark room you were looking forward to. We have indeed corrected the situation and I can only hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance to you when you are ready to return.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Brilliant in every way imaginable, well priced. The location was perfect, the furnishings consistently and flawlessly five star, the service impeccable. In fact, it was so great that it was hard finding the motivation to lever myself out of bed until midday - and that was only to go looking for lunch, after which the luxurious, pillowy cloud of a bed started calling to me like the sirens called Odysseus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Wuhan W
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you very much for the review of your stay last October. It was true pleasure reading it. May I please use your very eloquent prose in our marketing materials? Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were a large group renting numerous rooms. We had great service. Any problem was resolved quickly. Wifi not available for the entire stay was the only issue for data usage on cell phones. Rooms do have differing size closets, shelving in bathroom, etc...

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. While I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, I must apologize for the issues you encountered with our WiFi service. We continuously work on making our network more robust and you will notice marked improvements the next time you come and stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.