“Small hotel with big location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Waco, Texas
“Small hotel with big location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on a business trip. I prefer a more traditional hotel, so we chose the Warwick. Rates were good and you can't beat the location. I made one mistake when booking. I did not notice the difference between Premier and Premier Plus rooms. For me, it was a big one. The premier room is beautiful but it faces a black brick wall. There is NO sunlight and is equivalent to being in the room at night. The lighting is with mercury bulbs so there is a greenish, yellowish tint to the room and it's just dim and dull. You can view the difference on their website. This room is a bit bigger. Once my daughter and I entered the room, we made an immediate call for a new room.
The Premier Plus room is the same decor, but has sunlight; although smaller,it's much brighter and happier. The bedding was very comfortable and the AC was quiet.
The staff will bend over backwards to accommodate you and the hotel is super clean.
The lobby is small with very little seating. We did not try the restaurant.
Another word of warning...No coffee pot or way to make hot water for tea in the room. I travel with my own hot water pot and instant coffee so it was no trouble for me.

My advice is to pay close attention to the online picture of the accommodations. It lists and shows pictures of the exact differences in light for the two rooms I have mentioned.

I will return again and would recommend the hotel for it's prime location and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Be sure to pay attention to weather or not you have booked a quiet room with black wall, view or sun...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cinnamongirl2
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive impressions of our hotel following your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate your request for a different room and that we provided you with superior service during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at the Warwick hotel in NYC last August with my girlfriend and had a wonderful time.

The Warwick hotel is in a great location and is close to everything you will need, including Central Park, Times Square, 5th Avenue and much more.

The entrance and lobby of the hotel are simply beautiful. It has been very well thought out. Our room was huge, had an amazing bathroom, huge TV and the comfiest bed i have ever slept in. There was also a mini-bar/fridge in the room, which we didn't use. There is also a gym that is available to be used by all guests.

All of the staff we dealt with there were very friendly and helpful people.

We ate out all week while in NYC, but one morning had breakfast at the hotel in the restraunt, which was delicious. Definitely the best Eggs Benedict i have had!

All in all we had a very good experience for our first time in NYC. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again when i am next in NYC, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later. Nowhere on this planet compares!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for posting the review of your visit to our hotel last August. I am very happy to hear that we made such a good and lasting impression on you. When you do come back to New York we'll be here for you.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We enjoyed our first stay at the Warwick New York Hotel this weekend as part of a wedding celebration. I'd like to also add that we've been to the Warwick many times for men's shows held there twice a year.

Very speedy check in with helpful staff. We were notified that we were upgraded to a Premiere room which we appreciated. Room was very generous in size and could have made a lovely studio apartment for NY. Our room had one window with no view (just the building and a peak at MOMA's Special Exhibit entrance. Since it was so hot outside, we kept the curtains drawn anyway. Bathroom was nice. Everything worked well.

My parents were given the room next to us (as per our request). Their room was fantastic! A corner room with two windows and a view. Lots of natural sunlight. Wow!
The rooms were surprisingly quiet....

We loved the location. Found everyone associated with the hotel helpful.

Only negative are the elevators - which are small. During the shows, it is challenging to get an elevator. During this visit, we never had a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your recent stay with us and for acknowledging our great location and staff. We look forward to many more return visits.

Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were given our room before the 3 pm check in time - our room was more than satisfactory. Great location, close to many important strategic points to visit. When our family members who accompanied us were able to check in, they found a lovely surprise - an upgrade. The staff were accomodating and pleasant. We stayed only one night but will definitely contact this hotel the next trip we visit NY.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for posting the review of your recent one night stay with us. it is always gratifying to hear that our efforts were noticed and we are especially happy to hear that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I did a lot of research for hotels in New York, specifically looking for places near Central Park. You would think the Warwick would be a hit based on all of the positive reviews but, unfortunately, my experience wasn't what I expected.

First, the window faced a depressing brick wall and there was zero natural light. I wish they would be more up front about this when describing their rooms. We never opened the curtains as a result and felt like we were in perpetual night.

The "internet included" in the room description is factually true but, unless you pay to upgrade, your connection is non-existent. I was incredibly frustrated trying to get work done with a terrible connection. Useless. The Business Center was no better and the front desk actually had to print something for me because the internet connection kept breaking down in the Business Center. What a waste of time.

Finally, the $25 daily food credit sounds great but you are not told it can't be used for room service. My room service cheese cake, which I thought I was using my food credit for, ending up costing me a little over $25 for one slice. Ouch. Very misleading....

Don't expect the door men to be friendly and help you in/out. I'm not sure what they are doing there to be honest but not one ever greeted me or said "have a nice day".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ihavetwins
I am very sorry to hear that your recent experience at our hotel did not match the overwhelmingly positive ones we both have been reading about on tripadvisor.com recently. I have shared your comments with my staff and we will certainly use your feedback to keep improving. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you decide to give us another try the next time you are in New York.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I gives the Warwick a big Thumbs Up!

Great location - 2 blocks from Central Book; 1/2 miles to Time Square or Lincoln Center

The room was large and renovated.

We booked a Deluxe room from Expedia since they had a discount rate with no cancellation penalty comparable to Warwick's early booking rate with no cancellation allowed. Our cost with tax around $350 a night which I think it very fair for New York

I realize later that Deluxe is a step below their Premier Rooms which are renovated. But when we checked in, we were upgraded to a Premier Room

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the resounding two thumbs up following your recent stay at the Warwick New York. We were very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will choose the Warwick again the next time you visit New York.

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Warwick is luxury. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful. Our room was immense for New York size hotel rooms and the linens seemed brand new. The hotel lobby is so quaint and welcoming when you enter and Murals is a fine place to have breakfast buffet before venturing out into the city. The bellmen were my personal concierge while I was there and gave me great advice every time I asked a question. Room service is always nice and a fresh pot of coffee in the morning, for me, is a must. The Warwick has an outstanding location being so close to MOMA, Central Park, a little ways down to the Met (subway is close by). Rockefeller Center is within walking distance. If Times Square is your thing well you can walk several blocks and you'll find yourself right in Times Square. I would, and will, return to the Warwick in a future trip to the City.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting the great review following your visit to our hotel. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to many more returns in the future.