“Great location nice size room”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #97 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Spent two nights here in March. My boyfriend wanted a walk in shower so we asked for a handicapped room with a role in shower. It was fine, the shower was roomy, but the floor was slippery. I'd ask for a rubber shower mat. The vanity was small. It would have helped if the granite continued from the sink to over the top of the toilet. That way you would have a bit more counter space. A narrow shelf over the back of the toilet would be great and would not interfere with the handicap bar behind the toilet.

The carpet, drapes and bed linens seemed fresh and new, the furniture was a bit old and scratched up, but worked fine. Our room was on the 4th floor. The elevators were a bit slow, so I hoped to use the stairs but they were exit only I could not go from the first floor to the 4th using the stairs. The room was quiet, we overlooked the fountain in front of the Hilton at the corner of 6th Ave and 53rd street. The hotel bar was fine. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Warwick New York

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have just returned from New York where I enjoyed a fabulous break with my daughter. I can thoroughly recommend the Warwick Hotel, excellent accommodation, was booked in for a twin deluxe room and was upgraded to a premier twin room, can beat that. Staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful when presented with a question.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol M
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Huge rooms, tastefully decorated and extremely clean. Restaurant and bar warm & friendly. Location perfect 5 minutes from everywhere you want to see. best of all the staff nothin is too much trouble , we met two of the management team Nejib and Franck and it is clear that they really care about their cutomers.we did not want to leave.

Room Tip: Corner suites on higher floors ( we wereon the 17th) are best, you can trust the team to get you the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ilsetivenan
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel and I have to say their service has improve so much since the last time I visited New York. The staff was amazing, from the time we were greeted by front desk person Franck to room service personel. My boyfriend and I only stayed a couple of days but we do certainly wish we would have stayed longer. Room temperature was perfect and view to 6th avenue was just lovely.

Darlene

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed here off and on over 10 years. This is the first time I had stayed in awhile. Service and food all good, bar great quiet spot and meeting place. I was upgraded to a very nice room. Very clean, older hotel obviously but well run, helpful in whatever you might need them for, really a pleasant experience.

Things that need updating. Elevators are very slow, need an update. The heater in my room which worked perfectly but made a loud noise a couple of times that woke me up, they were going to look into it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, I got one without asking as a repeat guest, which was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Was upgraded to the Warwick Suite on the 33rd floor. As you'd expect, everything was perfect. Room was quiet. Staff were quite helpful. This was my 3rd trip on business with the Warwick and I highly recommend it for good value and an excellant location; right near the subway also for conveninet transportation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GaryT024
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Warwick hotel for 4 nights over St.Patricks weekend. I am so glad I chose this hotel, it was my 2nd time in New York and my mum's 1st time, and it was perfect for us. Location is fabulous, just a few minutes walk from Times Square, Theatre District, Central Park with plenty of places nearby to eat.

Room was great, quite spacious with two queen size beds. Furniture and decoration was really nice, I was worried the rooms would have been a bit run down but I needn't have worried. Large walk-in wardrobe was fab. Bathroom was fine in size, only negative is that it didn't have great ventilation so it tended to get pretty stuffy.

We never ate in the hotel as the prices were a little on the expensive side but we did have a drink in the hotel bar one night, again this was quite expensive at nearly $40 for 2 drinks. The bar manager did give us a complimentary champagne upon finding out it was my birthday.

Hotel staff were all quite courteous and friendly, however some friends had tried to arrange a birthday cake in my room and they said that the staff were not at all helpful so they were not able to arrange this for them. Only a small negative though.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family