“hotel”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #110 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great hotel. Nice size room with two beds and a great view. Great location can walk everywhere. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. It was my third time staying at the warwick hotel. I have stayed at other hotels in new york but this is my favorite.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,478)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Third night of an eight night stay in New York and very happy with my experience at The Warwick Hotel on 54 th Street. Checked in late on Friday and front desk was cheerful and upbeat.
My room is spacious, maybe a wee bit old fashioned, and without a tub, but it is clean, bright, flat screen television and a bed so comfortable that I don't want to get up.

The location is great!! Two blocks and a bit to Central Park, close to the Theatre District and close to Broadway.

Prices are reasonable for what I've got and compared to other New York hotels, they are great. A really nice, comfortable lounge/restaurant and again, very friendly staff. There is a separate breakfast restaurant which is fine, not great, but fine.

From these first few days, I can say that this will be a hotel of choice for me in the future.

Room Tip: My room faces the Hilton Hotel and I'd prefer to face South onto 54th Street.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My sister-in-law and I stayed here before Christmas for a quick 4-night stay. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this hotel as I'd seen it from afar years ago while staying at the Hilton down the street, and the Warwick didn't look that great. Flash forward to Dec. 2012, and I was blown away by this hotel. The facade, which looked worn years ago, seemed to have been refurbished. The interior was old-world charm and elegance. Front desk was friendly when checking in. Our room was a spacious place with 2 comfy double beds. Bathroom seemed to have been remodelled (not new, but not antiquated either) recently with marble and nice fixtures. Housekeeping was OK but very inconsistent with giving out facecloths (more often not) and bath towels. We had to give them a call to fix that. WIFI was complimentary with our rate, and it worked quite well (I was able to Facetime my husband and kids wth no connection issues).

I do have a couple of negatives: the hotel bar and the hotel restaurant. I tried getting a table for breakfast one morning and nobody stood at the front to take my name or get me a table. Same with the hotel bar. Oh well, there're plenty of places to eat in NYC, so these negatives shouldn't be the dealbreaker for staying at the Warwick.

I would definitely stay here again, especially if I decide to bring the family. The room is spacious enough, the location is really good, and the service is very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Warwick is a beautiful vintage hotel. Rooms have been modernized to include all the amenities one expects in an upscale hotel. My room Watson 3rd floor and was large, especially for New York. Nice street view. Quiet room. Staff was very helpful.
Tip: coffee makers are not in rooms, but can be requested.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed the week of Christmas. The room was wonderful, we had a suite, which served as a meeting place for our family. It was a great location for the things we wanted to do. The staff was great. The hotel was very busy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have travelled to New york at least once a year for many years and had wanted but never stayed at the Warwick before. What a waste of time. This is a gem of a hotel and I wish I had stayed here before. The room was very spacious and comfortable with all amenities. I wonder if all rooms are as comfortable but this one on the 4th floor was great. Service was very cordial throughout and in the bar. The bar is too expensive but worth it if at least for one drink. I got a great deal trough Expedia this time around and I will definetly look around for a deal next time I travel to New york since I would not want to stay at any other hotel. Ah, and did I mention the great location?! And that we arrived early knowing that we would leave things in storage and come back later but after being told very nicely that the room was not ready, they did find one and we were able to go straight to our excellent room?! Yes. Very well worth it and we are going back. We will also recommend it to all our friends and business associates, no questions asked.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night around 2 weeks before Christmas. The hotel is in a great location - a few blocks down from Rockefeller and a few blocks over from Times Square so you can easily walk to all of the attractions nearby. Here are few things about the hotel:

Room: The room we got was SO small. I understand most NYC hotel rooms are small - but these are really small. The rooms are quite outdated and no frills. The bathroom was tiny (I think the closet was bigger than the bathroom). It had a tiny sink with toilet next to it and small stand up shower. You couldn't have two people in the bathroom at one time.
There was also a old, musty smell in the hallways.

Bar: We didn't have dinner at the restauarant but the bar was very crowded when we left to go out for the night. When we returned around midnight, there was still a decent crowd. We had two drinks at the bar (expensive - even by NY standards) but nice atmosphere.

Restaurant: We decided to have brunch at the hotel restaurant the next morning. We love a good brunch and don't mind spending the money on it. However - it stunk...It was around $20-25 per person. It was a buffet brunch and when got there, half of the food was gone and hadn't been refilled. Alot of the staff were just standing around. We had to sit and wait for around 20 minutes until the started to refill the buffet then there was a mad dash for it. The food was okay - but I could have probably gotten better at the cafe down the street for half the cost. It was definitely not worth the money.

I've stayed at many NY hotels and this was my least favorite. I would recommend staying at the Hilton right across the street over this hotel anyday. Good luck and enjoy NYC!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple