“There's No Hotel Better in NYC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick New York Hotel

Warwick New York Hotel
Ranked #93 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Greensboro, North Carolina
“There's No Hotel Better in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed for 6 nights at the Warwick Hotel in NYC. I was a guest on a previous business trip last year, so it was my only choice for a hotel when I came back last month for another business trip.

The hotel is kept in pristine shape and is beautiful in decor (both for the restaurants, lobby area and the guest rooms). The location is also ideal as it is easily within walking distance of anywhere you want to go in NYC: i.e. Broadway, 5th Avenue, Madison Avenue, closeby subways for access to Chelsea and other neighborhoods, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museaum of Art. I was able to walk to any destination that I had in mind (including where my seminar which was located on Park Avenue). The CBS and NBC studios as well as Radio City Music Hall are also only a couple of blocks away. The food in Murals 54 restaurant is wonderful. I had the breakfast buffet every morning and they didn't miss a beat with the vast offering of any breakfast item a guest would want (including fruits, healthier items and delectable pastries). The service offered from the front desk to the bellmen to the restaurant staff and housekeeping staff is outstanding. I will never stay anywhere else in NYC on a trip. You can't find a better hotel with better quality of services! I am so glad that I discovered the Warwick Hotel. :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank B N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
East Preston England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the Warwick for our stay in July - great location just off 5th Avenue - everything that tourists would want - hotel and staff were superb and couldn't do enough to make our stay just great. We were very lucky to get an complimentary upgrade - sitting room etc - couldn't believe the room we were allocated. No hesitation to go back again and again !!! Our daughter and son in law stayed at the Warwick in 2002, and said that if we were able to travel to New York again, look no further. (We were last in New York in 1967 and said that we would like to visit again when we could - 45 years later we made it !!!!!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

we stayed at the warwick for 3 nights in December. the hotel had a perfect location, so close to many attractions.
we booked the executive suite, it was very spacious with a living area and a very comfortable bed. But honestly i was expecting the room to be a bit nicer, in fact the hotel is old and so is the furniture and design. however we enjoyed our stay and slept very well despite the fact that we went during Christmas holidays and the hotel was full.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
fla
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

SO very disappointed in this hotel. I admit I am really picky, and probably read 50 reviews, everyone said they enjoyed the hotel and that the rooms were well appointed, ask for a higher floor for quiet, ask for an upgrade, and they will treat you right. It is my 50th birthday today and I am kicking myself that I am staying at this dump-I'd rate it a 2.5 hotel.

Rudy, was polite enough, and did his best to upgrade us with a terrace room, nice albeit the room was not ready at the 3pm time-so 4:00pm and we head up to the room and the cleaning staff had just begun cleaning, so we waited while they finished. The power went out, so they could not finish vacuuming.

The state of this room is horrible (2114), old, furniture chipped & nicked, woodwork/doors chipped and the whole room needs paint. The carpet is disgusting, I have stayed in Holiday Inns nicer then this hotel. The bed is not comfortable, unless you like really firm beds, no pillow top etc. Average sheets, no central air/heat it is a unit in the room.

The room is noisy, even on the 21st floor!!! You can hear your neighbors next door & above you.

When I called down to complain the front desk lady said I could upgrade to a "premier" room for 50$ more, I went and looked at it and it was decorated nicer, newer and more stylish, but the bed is the same. For a $100 more I could upgrade to a larger premier room, no thanks.

So very disappointed, I hope I can switch hotel tomorrow to the Hotel Intercontinental. Would never ever come back to this hotel. Stay at the Ritz or Setai. Bummer for my 50th!

5 Thank nurse2525
Andrew S, General Manager at Warwick New York Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Nurse2525,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We are sorry for the unsatisfying experience. Just for your information, we are going to start another phase of renovation soon and this is one of the floors to be done. Upon completion, we will have more than 70% of renovated guestrooms. We sincerely hope that you will consider to visit us again and experience the Premier Rooms.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is my 3rd time at this NYC hotel. I stayed at several other options but this is really my favourite.
The location is the best of all: in front of MOMA, near 5th Avenue, St. Patricks (I am catholic, I like to go to mass every day), Central Park, lovely restaurants around...
But the best os this olg hotel is the size of the rooms, and the confor and quietness. Unbeatable!
And you feel at home, the concierge and all employees treat so well, as if you were someone important for them!
I was there during the hurricane Sandy and I felt so protected at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank clara50
South Royalton, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Warwick is one of these mid-town hotels in NYC that once was grand, and remains an excellent choice in the mid-range of prices for Manhattan hotels (even though I have a hard time thinking of $300 a night as mid-range, but that's the reality in New-York). The lobby is beautiful, and retains its old time New-York glamour, complete with black and white pictures of long-ago movie stars. Our room on the tenth floor was surprisingly large by NY standards, with a beautiful, updated marble bathroom.

The room was impeccably clean, comfortable and well-appointed, though at first we could not get the heat below 80 degrees (the hotel sent in their engineer as soon as we reported the problem, and we were able to keep the room more comfortable the rest of the weekend).

The best feature of this hotel is its location, at the corner of 6th Avenue and 54th street. The walk from the hotel to Central Park or Bryant Park is just a few minutes, and Broadway theatres and restaurants are about ten minutes walk away.

All and all we thought this was one of the better hotels we had stayed at in this price range in New-York City, and likely will be back.

Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our room was not ready when we arrived so we checked our bags with the concierge and went to wait on the 2nd floor where there are some comfortable leather chairs. After about 45 minutes our room was available. As soon as we entered our room on the 19th floor I turned on the bedside lamp and the light bulb came with the socket and dangled down so I had to call for a repair which didn't take place until the following day. Nice, deep basin on the bathroom sink but there is no grab bar for the bath tub. The digital safe is up on a high closet shelf & difficult to reach. We had to call and ask for the free coffee maker to be delivered which took several phone calls. The window view is dreary, brick walls with plastic trash bag litter on a ledge. Although the bed was comfortable and the room of adequate size, we felt like we were in a cave. Don't even think about using the Mini-bar where a cola will set you back 5 bucks! If you're hungry skip the pricey hotel cafe and head just down W. 54th St. to Connolly's Pub where you can get a burger & fries for $12, or buy something from a food cart and take it to your room.