“The Warwick always earns its place as our favorite NY hotel”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #89 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Kansas City, Missouri
“The Warwick always earns its place as our favorite NY hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Warwick has been our hotel of choice in NYC. Its location is convenient to everything we want to do in the city. It's elegant and small enough to provide personal touches and service. On our recent stay, we arrived early afternoon on a busy Friday, and the room we requested with two beds was not ready. We were told we would neet to wait 45 minutes. Since it was not yet time for check-in, we were happy to have a glass of wine in the bar (which is also wonderful!). When we checked back at the desk for our room key, our room was still not ready. Rather than having us wait any longer, the hotel upgraded us to a suite. As always, the hotel staff was pleasant and eager to meet our every need. I also should add that the beds at the Warwick are very comfortable. The hotel furnishes elegant bedding with pillows that are perfect. Murals restaurant serves an excellent breakfast, and the bar is a wonderful place to relax at the end of the day. The Warwick is our New York home!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We were here for 5 days in October. We arrived early, so they securely held our bags while we walked around Manhattan. Check in was fast and courteous.

The location is great if you are visiting the city. A few blocks to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square. Still, the lobby was quiet and relaxing.

The room was clean and quiet as well.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just stayed for over a week the The Warwick. The room was so spacious and clean. They provided a cot and the walk in robe was so big we were able to put the cot in there for undisturbed day time naps. All the staff were friedly from the concierge, bell services, reception, room service, cleaning service and most of all the fantastic staff at Murals on 54 where they put on a yummy breakfast every day. My favourite was french toast made with brioche and I served it with fresh berries and yoghurt. They provided a high chair for my one year old and hot chocolate with cream for my four year old every day. He told me this morning he really misses going downstairs for breakfast. My son also loved the old fashioned mail chute were he could post the postcards and see it falling down through the floors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in NYC for 3 nights and I was continually looking for a cheaper hotel then the one I had booked at $350 a night. I tried bidding on a 4 star hotel and eventually was sucessful with the Warwick, which was nicer than the hotel we originally booked and a couple hundred bucks cheaper in total. We arrived midafternoon and found a long line for check-in, but it moved faster than I thought it would (5-10 minutes) and the hotel was passing out cookies and water for the folks in line - nice touch. We were extremely happy with our room and hotel. The only thing I can pick on are the elevators are a little small, but we only had to pass on an elevator a couple times in 3 days.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David Y
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2012

For location, spacious lovely rooms and accomodating staff you cannot find a better hotel at this price in all of Manhatten. I had checked out early one morning, then late that night, missed the last train home. Even though it was midnight and the Warwick was fully committed, they found a room for me. The kindness and patience exhibited by Jerome at the front desk was remarkable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am staying in this hotel currently. My job has booked me there for a business trip, so any negatives I have, I don't take as close to my heart.
Negatives. I arrives late from my London flight and check-in process was somewhat slow and receptionist had machine-like attitude - just doing his job, nothing more. Not sure why they have booked single traveler to a room with two beds. If I worked in a hotel, common sense would suggest me to book single traveler to a room with only one bed. No bathrobes, no slippers, horrific smell in the bathroom as if 10 people have used the toilets without flushing, sink with cracks and non-functional shower, only shampoo and soap for toiletries. Was too tired to complain after long haul flight. Otherwise the room itself was ok, if a bit dated. Absence of kettle was disappointing. Just FYI, this was room 2311, deluxe room.
This is negative point.
On the positive. The next day I have asked to me moved to another room since my husband will be joining me for couple of days and we need one bed. When I came back from work, I have been shown to my new room. All my belongings were moved very efficiently and the new room is very nice. Bathroom on a small side, but enough for me - clean and not smelly, nice BVLGARI toiletries, bathrobe, however still no slippers. I have also been offered 5 days complimentary internet in my room, which was nice, however I would expect it to be inluded in the room price for this level of hotel. The room itself looks as it has been recently refurbished. Overall very happy. Room has double aspect - facing 54th and 6 ave, so it can be a bit noisy, since it is only 9th floor. Doesn't bother me much.
Can't comment of restaurants. Wend for breakfast one morning, but found it on expensive side - $36 - for what it is.
Also location is great for both business as well as evenings out. Park is just a short walk away, plenty of restaurants etc. Without my first night in the hotel, I would have given this hotel rating of 4, but as it is, can do only 3.

Room Tip: If you are single traveller, specify that you need one bed, rather than twin room. Also aske to book...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Avon, Ohio
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed @ the Warwick 6 times. Love this place--it's so classy. Location is perfect for shopping, good restaurants, the Met. & Central Park is close by. We were upgraded to a suite on one occasion--what a nice treat. Would not stay anywhere else in NYC!

Room Tip: They are all great, but make some rooms have windows with a view of a brick wall instead of the cit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family