“Charming; an elegant home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Charming; an elegant home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

It's no wonder Carey Grant made this his home for 11 years. My most recent trip was my 5th time to the hotel this year. The warm welcome starts with the charming doorman who remembered my name after only 1 introduction and makes a point of saying hello to me anywhere he sees me (even if I'm just walking by the hotel from my office!) The front desk crew is lovely, and the small lobby is elegantly decorated and charming. The rooms are conservative but lovely with luxuriously comfortable bedding. They have *always* been gracious and done their best to put me in the best room available. As with any hotel, calling ahead for special requests makes it easier for them to accommodate you. The room service and restaurant is FANTASTIC--- I'm a New Yorker and the pizza measures up to those of Brooklyn pizza parlors. Two points of advice: be sure to ask for a room with decent sized bathroom (there are some that are prohibitively small) and plan your entrance/exit ahead of time as the elevators can take a little while--especially at check-in rush hour. All in all, a lovely hotel that I truly consider a home away from home. I am planning my return there as I write this!

Room Tip: As for a full-sized bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

OK so it was only for one night which is why they probably upgraded us to a suite that was "AMAZING", but even on an ordinary day the Warick is in a great location and a very nice hotel. Service was excellent, easy walk to theatre district. Was in town with my BFF for a taping of the David Letterman show. I think NYC hotels are outrageously priced but everything was booked (even my usual back-up). Another hotel recommended the Warick and we were not disappointed. While we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant it looked quite nice. Did have room service breakfast. Pricey but OK. It was nice to have a hotel with a doorman with a great attitude. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check in early ...there was a wait after us ...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
65W54, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Thanks! You made our day!
It's great when another hotel recommends us and that your experience during your stay with us will bring you back!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I've just returned from another excellent stay at the Warwick Hotel in New York... as usual I found the service to be friendly and welcoming and the environment to be understated elegance... just very comfortable... and sufficiently intimate to make me feel at home whenever I am there.

I took a walk through some of the other neighborhoods where some of the more pricey hotels are and I must say that I much prefer the location of the Warwick at 54th and 6th... convenient, clean, pleasant and close to Central Park.

One issue that I've seen mentioned other times is the tendency of staff to just knock on the door and come into the room without waiting... not sure why they do that, but it really is somewhat annoying. This never happened once on my Christmas stay but happened three times on this stay... not sure if it is because I had friends over or I looked old and on my last legs or what it was... :-)

I will say though that this does not detract from my appreciation of the hotel or its service... which are both tops in my books...

Mind you there are at least three mechanisms for making sure that doesn't happen.... use the swing lock, and/or the bolt lock and/or the little notice saying 'Please do not Disturb'....

Of course I will stay there again whenever I am in New York....but will remember the "I'm here and I'm safe and I don't need anything please don't bug me' routine of using one of the features mentioned in the previous paragraph.. :-) Just a gentle jibe folks...

One of the interesting things I've found about the Warwick is that they do provide solid courtesy and a sincere attempt to assist when things don't go quite as planned, unlike some other pricey hotels in New York that I won't mention.

So anyway, what I'm trying to sayin this long review is....stay at the Warwick... it's well worth the price and will make you feel very much at home in an extremely busy city....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank CanadianTraveler1944
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our family of 4 recently returned from a 6-night stay at the Warwick. We were really pleased and would not hesitate to return.

Our good experience started with a very reasonable rate of $255/nt through a seminar I attended nearby. it continued with a very welcoming and friendly check-in experience (with a free upgrade) and some great dinner reservations.

Although some parts of the hotel show signs of age, our room was very clean, nice and comfortable with a nice view of 6th Avenue. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and we all slept well during our stay.

But the best part about the Warwick is its unbeatable location. We were just steps from MoMA, a block from the shops on 5th Ave. and just a few blocks from Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center and the great restaurants of the Hell's Kitchen area. More importantly, we were a few blocks away from the madness and crowds that reside at Times Square. We were glad to be close but not too close.

We loved it and would be hard-pressed to stay somewhere else when we return to NYC.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
65W54, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and recommending our hotel. We note that you stayed in one of our deluxe rooms and would love you to experience our brand new Premier rooms that have been completely refurbished. Please contact us on your next visit to the Big Apple!
long island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Only stayed at The Warwick one night to be close to a wedding at the University Club.
I was extremely happy with my choice. From my limited stay, the service was impeccable.
My initial phone requests when booking were met. The room was comfortable and quiet...old world craftsmanship with thick walls. The staff made every effort to instill the feeling that the customer was 'special.'
The location not only for the wedding was great, but the proximity to the MOMA and Central Park were an added bonus for a short stay.
I would highly recommend The Warwick.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for staying with us. We are delighted that we were able to attend to your requests/needs during your stay to your satisfaction. We value all our guests and our especially grateful when we read comments that show we have exceeded your expectations.
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was our 3rd stay at this great old hotel and again we were glad we returned. We stayed in a Deluxe room on the 19th floor. The staff was friendly and our request for a coffee pot was promptly fulfilled. The room was spacious and clean, the air conditioning worked well and the king sized bed was wonderful. Loved the huge closet! Hot water was plentiful and the shower worked well. The bathroom could use a little regrouting in places. We didn't have a view, didn't need one since we weren't in the room much and it was quiet at night.
The location is the best in Manhattan; Central Park, Broadway, Times Square, shopping, all a few blocks away, MOMA across the street, and it's easy to get to all the subway lines. There are good maps in the lobby and the rooms. Randolf's Bar is always hopping at night. We haven't eaten at Murals. My only complaint is charging for wireless. Seems a bit outdated to be doing that.
Also, for a fun shopping experience, visit Lee's Art Supply Store at 220 West 57th. 4 floors of delights from stationary to ornaments, lights, frames, candles, gift wrap and a thousand other things.

Room Tip: Request a Deluxe room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great tip on Lee's Art Supply Store! Sometimes even the locals need help! We have attended to your comments regarding the caulking in the bathroom. We are equally glad that you enjoyed a quiet night's sleep which is quite difficult in the Big Apple, however, a little known fact is that our rear-facing rooms are protected from the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. We hope to see you again very soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Nice and cosy hotel, offering all the basic amenities and facilities.

Room and bathroom was considerably large for a NYC hotel.

Excellent location and despite being near a busy intersection, never had an interrupted sleep the entire time we were there.

We'll definitely be returning to The Warwick and wouldn't hesitate recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hung_La
Thanks for your feedback. Yes - our rooms are really large for New York standards, hope to see you back soon.