“No complaints” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #151 of 467 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“No complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2004

I was a little worried about our 3-night stay at The Time after reading some of the reviews, but I had nothing to be worried about. Like many others, I felt the location of the hotel was excellent. Very close to many of the attractions of NYC. We walked almost the entire city from our hotel... and cab rides to further locations were never over $10. Upon arrival the doormen and other staff were very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. There is someone at the door pretty much 24 hours a day to open it for you and get a cab if you need one. The room was on the smaller side, but not uncomfortable. After a while I felt like I was just staying in someone's bedroom. I had the opportunity to see a room in a hotel a few blocks away and it was significantly smaller and about the same price. Our room was at the end of a hall and we didn't have any trouble with noise. We were on the 3rd floor and couldn't even here the noise from the busy bar on the 2nd floor. The room didn't have a view, but that wasn't a big deal to me. I was very comfortable in the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends. I'm not sure I could picture my parents staying there, but if you don't have grand expectations of a luxury hotel, you shouldn't be disappointed. Two thumbs up from both me and my friend!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Finnish first
The Pearl Hotel
#15 of 467 in New York City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,286 reviews
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhat...
#194 of 467 in New York City
The Michelangelo Hotel
#37 of 467 in New York City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,244 reviews
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
Renaissance New York Times Squar...
#183 of 467 in New York City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,268 reviews

Been to The Time New York? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Time New York

Property: The Time New York
Address: 224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#112 Luxury Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — The Time New York 4*
The Time New York offers travelers an urban lifestyle destination with a refined edge in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The Time New York has all new accommodations and was designed by David Rockwell. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Time New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Time Hotel New York City