“As expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #152 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London
“As expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The room and bathroom were pretty small, but had everything you need. Nice view of another building, but in a good location within the city. Also had a nice bar for drinks (we didn’t try the food). Pretty much what you expect for the price in New York.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JacMul10
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear JacMul10,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and hope you will join us again in the future!

Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location if you want to be in the heart of the hustle and bustle of touristy New York. It is a stone throw from Times Sq and Broadway. The staff are very efficient and most helpful throughout the duration of my stay. For any first timers to NYC you may be suprised by the size of the room as they are quite small, however this is typical of a NYC hotel room and should not reflect negatively on what is otherwise a great little boutique hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and the location is great with fantastic staff. I was on a work visit and it catered for everything I needed including complimentary WIFI. I am going back to NYC in two weeks time and staying again, I am hoping to get an upgrade so will write a review to update you all as and when that happens, fingers crossed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank claudandade
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear claudandade,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at the Time. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning so soon! I would absolutely love to provide you with an upgrade if I have it available please email me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com so I can have some more information on your reservation. We look forward to seeing you back in a few weeks!

Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a great stay we had at The Time. Staff was so helpful and accomodating and made us feel like VIPs. Great lounge (Thank you AC and Amanda). Room was clean and housekeeping staff very professional. There were some minor maintenance items needing attention but nothing that spoiled our enjoyment. Great location and relatively quiet considering where we were. We would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Views are better higher up and room is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan S
Dear Jan S,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I will be sure to let AC and Amanda know how much you appreciated their top notch service. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really liked this hotel compared to others in the area. Great location to Broadway shows, Times Square and subway is very close for everything else. Staff were great to get along with from front check-in, concierge to the back engine of the hotel.
Rooms were clean and water pressure good.
Only complaints were the mini bar - that is small print advertised as pressure sensitive. So if you pick up a wine to read the label you better sit it back down within 7 seconds or the threat of a charge to account is active. The TV channels that are printed in the guest room manual are non existent. They are "in the process of updating the TV system".TV remote changed basic fuzzy cable channels but wouldn't turn the TV off, unsure where the movies on demand were. Maybe hire a VHS downstairs. Internet access about $10 a day but not all that fast. Dual blinds were great but one window was broken and wouldn't stay open.
Great location, helpful staff. Rooms need a maintenance person to do a 5 points check.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TroyOne
Dear TroyOne,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay in our hotel, and also for your feedback on your experience, it's crucial for us to identifying problems and addressing them. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and will look into the issues you had with the TV and internet systems. Thank you again for your review!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was there with my wife and we enjoyed pleasant time at the hotel. Very friendly staff. Everything cleaned and tidy. When we made a couple of requestments we received a quikly response.

The location is the best in town.
Excelent relationship between price and quality
Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ferdadamo
Dear ferdadamo,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the services provided. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to New York!

Geelong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is in an amazing location right in Times Square. The room looked nothing like it did in the pictures, and was a shoe box at best. We didn't worry too much as we weren't in the room other than to sleep but considering we paid a decent amount per night for 6 nights, it added up and we really didn't get what we paid for. The room was always cleaned well but being an a fairly busy street (opposite Chicago) the rooms was never able to be dark at night due to the lights. No wifi but when I complained (which is rare) it was included for free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren B
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Lauren B,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Time. As I mentioned in my email to you please let me know when you are back again and we will find a more suitable room for you away from the street noise. Thank you again for providing your feedback to us and we hope to see you soon!

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was fun, friendly, very professional and accommodating. The room was small-ish, but in NYC, that doesn't necessarily take away points from a hotel. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Housekeeping was very flexible in working around my schedule. I went to the gym to work out for an hour and a half, asked a housekeeper if she could clean my room while I was gone, and I came back to a clean fresh impeccably restored room. The room was tastefully decorated with a designer feel. There were some signs of mild wear and tear, but overall, a cool space. Decent fitness center on the 4th floor if you want to get a workout in. Free weights, cardio equipment, multi-exercise machine. Fitness center included flat screen TV, filtered water machine, and fresh towels. In spite of the great but very busy location, the room seemed very insulated from street noise. The only sound that was a mild disturbance was the almost constant opening and closing of doors of nearby rooms. Oh--one thing that was really an issue is the elevators. Sometimes they took up to 10 minutes or more to open! There are only approximately 14 floors in the hotel, however, there is not a service elevator, so between guests and service staff using the same elevator to go from floor to floor, waiting ridiculously long for the elevator can be frustrating. I actually walked up to my room a couple times--11th floor. Great exercise, but not fun after a long day of walking the streets of beautiful NYC.

Room Tip: If you have a room preference, ask upon check in. I did, and the staff was very honest about what m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RJ R
Dear RJ R,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am terribly sorry you had to wait so long for the elevator but incredibly impressed that you used the stairs up to the 11th floor. Please let me know when you are with us again I would like to upgrade you complimentary if possible at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com. We look forward to seeing you again soon.