WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Time New York

The Time New York
Ranked #171 of 478 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Super staff and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Some of my packed that I had ordered,did not arrive before we had to leave the hotel but I was coming back 9 days later again to NY without staying in The Time hotel, and it was no problem keeping them for me until I arrived. , friendly staff and super location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Vigdis R
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Vigdis R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiance and I bought a LivingSocial voucher for 2 nights at The Time hotel in Times Square NY and we couldnt have been happier with our stay! The hotel is located in the perfect place for getting around the city and doing things, yet off the main street so there was no noise that kept us from sleeping. Our voucher came with a bottle of wine which was in the room when we first got there along with a personalized note welcoming us to the hotel. We also received a nightly newsletter that informed us of the weather for the next day and things happening around town. The concierge can get tickets to shows, though we just bought tickets at a local box office. The central location let us come and go from hotel, to theater, to restaurant, coffee, etc without any effort which was very convenient. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We stayed on te 15th floor facing 49th street (north?) and though there was really no view, there wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iutami
Dear utami,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback of your stay with us here at The Time Hotel. I will be certain to pass it on to all of our department heads to share with their staff. Receiving feedback like yours is what we strive for and this motivates our staff to do their best.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Time Hotel is in a great location, just off Broadway in the Theatre District. It is right next to where the Book of Mormon is playing.

We had a suite which comprised bedroom plus living room with sofabed. This was adequate to our needs, but if you expect the room to be small (as with much budget accommodation in NY) you won't be disappointed. Overall, the accommodation is a bit worn out, (in particular, the sofabed should have been replaced years ago, and the towel rack was coming off the wall) but the room was comfortable enough. There seemed to be some noise from the light well, but it didn't prevent us sleeping.

The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the doorman.

Room Tip: Choose a suite over a standard room. You can pick up free wifi in the entrance corridor off the hote...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Schnapper
Dear Schnapper,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Narragansett, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Time is a stylish hotel with a great location. A great hotel for romance in a modern NYC setting. The rooms have a crisp clean feel. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Christina L
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Christina L,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

For being in times square (or really close to it) because of this fact only I think the price is fair. The rooms can be really small, which means a full/queen bed instead of a king. (Not adequate for two big adults.) The rooms were showing signs of wear (creaking doors, loose faucet handles, etc). On the good side the bathroom and sheets were clean. The service was slow at times and sometimes failed to execute, but they were polite and helpful when found. Synopsis: will do in a pinch, but better deals can be found if you plan ahead.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Nottoomuch
Dear Nottoomuch,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our location. I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your experience. Please let me know if you decide to book again I would like to provide you with an upgrade to a room with a king sized bed. Please contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently because of its location to Times Square and I got a good deal but the location is the only good thing. The biggest problem for me about this hotel is that they have an "automatic payment" system that has continued to debit my card even after I left! i was charged taxes 3 times and for a deposit that was not explained when I booked the hotel. After complaining twice I was told the charges would be refunded, but they are still pending on my account a week later. They then tried to offer an extended checkout time of one hour. At this point I told them I was leaving soon and did not want to stay here any longer. The rooms are ridicuously smal, even by NY standards. No fridge or microwave (which I would expect for the price). Wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annoyed10682
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Annoyed10682,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city. I am very sorry and disappointed that you were not satisfied with the rest of your experience. I am unsure what the issue was regarding releasing your deposit on the credit card. We take a deposit from all guests and the release process is mostly problem free, however, when we release from our system it may take between 5 and 10 business days depending on your bank for you to see that reflection. Please let me know if you would like me to contact the bank to attempt to expidite the process. You can reach me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Dallas, tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here b/c all the other hotels I usually stay in the area were booked up. It is pretty cheap for being this close to Times Square. I think the word "boutique" means very small rooms-even for NY. I was in a "large" room and I wouldnt want to have 2 people in it. My opinion is they put brigh colored bead spreads and fancy lighting in the room to distract you from the beat up furniture, old flat screen TV and small rusted out bathroom. The room just looked worn out. I will say the bed was comfortable but unfortunately my room backed up the the elevator bank and all night I could hear the elevators going up and down. I got a pretty poor nights sleep. I didnt go into the bar area, but it sounded like a night club in there. The gym was a nice size for the hotel.

I certainly would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cseanmc
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear cseanmc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay. I apologize for your experience and I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.