“Value Hotel, Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time New York

You added The Time New York to your Saves list
The Time New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #204 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Adelaide, Australia
“Value Hotel, Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Time Hotel is in a great location, just off Broadway in the Theatre District. It is right next to where the Book of Mormon is playing.

We had a suite which comprised bedroom plus living room with sofabed. This was adequate to our needs, but if you expect the room to be small (as with much budget accommodation in NY) you won't be disappointed. Overall, the accommodation is a bit worn out, (in particular, the sofabed should have been replaced years ago, and the towel rack was coming off the wall) but the room was comfortable enough. There seemed to be some noise from the light well, but it didn't prevent us sleeping.

The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the doorman.

Room Tip: Choose a suite over a standard room. You can pick up free wifi in the entrance corridor off the hote...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Schnapper
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Schnapper,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Time Hotel. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Narragansett, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Time is a stylish hotel with a great location. A great hotel for romance in a modern NYC setting. The rooms have a crisp clean feel. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank Christina L
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Christina L,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

For being in times square (or really close to it) because of this fact only I think the price is fair. The rooms can be really small, which means a full/queen bed instead of a king. (Not adequate for two big adults.) The rooms were showing signs of wear (creaking doors, loose faucet handles, etc). On the good side the bathroom and sheets were clean. The service was slow at times and sometimes failed to execute, but they were polite and helpful when found. Synopsis: will do in a pinch, but better deals can be found if you plan ahead.

2 Thank Nottoomuch
Dear Nottoomuch,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our location. I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your experience. Please let me know if you decide to book again I would like to provide you with an upgrade to a room with a king sized bed. Please contact me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently because of its location to Times Square and I got a good deal but the location is the only good thing. The biggest problem for me about this hotel is that they have an "automatic payment" system that has continued to debit my card even after I left! i was charged taxes 3 times and for a deposit that was not explained when I booked the hotel. After complaining twice I was told the charges would be refunded, but they are still pending on my account a week later. They then tried to offer an extended checkout time of one hour. At this point I told them I was leaving soon and did not want to stay here any longer. The rooms are ridicuously smal, even by NY standards. No fridge or microwave (which I would expect for the price). Wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annoyed10682
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Annoyed10682,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city. I am very sorry and disappointed that you were not satisfied with the rest of your experience. I am unsure what the issue was regarding releasing your deposit on the credit card. We take a deposit from all guests and the release process is mostly problem free, however, when we release from our system it may take between 5 and 10 business days depending on your bank for you to see that reflection. Please let me know if you would like me to contact the bank to attempt to expidite the process. You can reach me at dgiandalone@thetimeny.com.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Dallas, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here b/c all the other hotels I usually stay in the area were booked up. It is pretty cheap for being this close to Times Square. I think the word "boutique" means very small rooms-even for NY. I was in a "large" room and I wouldnt want to have 2 people in it. My opinion is they put brigh colored bead spreads and fancy lighting in the room to distract you from the beat up furniture, old flat screen TV and small rusted out bathroom. The room just looked worn out. I will say the bed was comfortable but unfortunately my room backed up the the elevator bank and all night I could hear the elevators going up and down. I got a pretty poor nights sleep. I didnt go into the bar area, but it sounded like a night club in there. The gym was a nice size for the hotel.

I certainly would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cseanmc
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear cseanmc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay. I apologize for your experience and I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is literally only 2 minutes walk to time square and therefore right in the middle of the theatre district. The front of house staff were always polite and helpful. The cleaning staff always did a great job and always said hello when we passed them in the hall. To be fair the rooms are on the small side, but the bed was comfy and they were clean. You got a complementary New York Times each morning which was a nice touch. There is a funky bar in the hotel and a restaurant, that we had a tasty breakfast two days we stayed. Some of the common areas need a lick of paint or a new carpet.

I would recommend this hotel to a young couple or people who want a base near the theartre district and they won't be spending much time in their rooms. We paid €95 per night for a double without breakfast, great value.

2 Thank cathal2008
Time_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at The Time New York, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear cathal2008,

Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

For this price level, the Time hotel is just not enough.

The standard room is really tiny, even for New York standards, but even worse is the nagged bed cover, that makes you feel like sleeping in a run-down hostel, and hair that definitely doesn't fit the one on your head behind the door in the bathroom. For days.

On top of that, for a whole day the TV system didn't work and all answer received was "we called the service but they didn't come yet".

That the Wi-Fi doesn't automatically come free is impertinence.

On a positive note, if you book through iPrefer, their loyalty system, you get free Wi-Fi. And there's an iPod docking station and free TimeOut magazine in the room. End of positives.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gsh_1975
Dear gsh_1975,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the service at The Time Hotel. It is through direct feedback like yours we can improve our service standards. I apologize for any inconvenience you had to go and do hope that you will join us again in the near future.