“Chic Luxury”

Ranked #335 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Connecticut
“Chic Luxury”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Truly outstanding engaged staff, their actions to execute guest requests is unparalleled. Contemporary luxury rooms fill an understated theme of decor! Room amenities are of extraordinary caliber and quality! Numerous neighborhood conviences very close. High end International flavor to guests visiting this hotel. I will be returning on an upcoming visit to Manhattan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mbmuscle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
aberystwyth
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Just left the Mercer an hour ago, and it was wonderful from start to finish. My daughter treated me for my 50th birthday, and from the time we walked in there to the time we left we were treated like royalty. When we got to our room there was a bottle of wine and a birthday cake waiting for me. We arrived early so could not check in, but they were happy too take our bags, and ring us when we were ready and had already deposited our luggage in our room. The rooms are immaculate, and they even came to turn down our bed and left water for us while we were out. The staff couldnt do enough th help. I would recommend the Mercer to anyone who wants to treat someone special, and would stay there all the time if I could afford it !

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mandy C
NJ
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Mercer is a hip, chic hotel, but there was something about it that I found cold, almost antiseptic. Our room was small, very stark white, except for a moss colored sofa that had a few stains on it. The bathroom is luxurious, but again, reminded me of an operating room, right down to the metal cart with toiletries on it. The bed was extremely comfortable and it was all well appointed, but I did not find the atmosphere cozy, warm or in any way romantic. When we checked in the room darkening shades were drawn and I thought it was really depressing. Very disappointing for a rare one night getaway with spouse. They did graciously send us a bottle of champagne when they found out we were celebrating our anniversary. I guess it just wasn't the right hotel for me.

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest room they have, we had a deluxe king suite and it was pretty small.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jkbmb
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 2, 2012

first of all, sorry for my English... sorry for my spelling...
why go to the Mercer when you can go for the same price much better service, much bigger rooms, no attitude what so ever, inclusive of breakfast... to mention a few reasons?????
I checked in early in the morning after a long international flight. i nice gentelman ehich i am sorry i neglected to take his name greeted me and explained to me that at this hour my room is not avalable. I told him i totaly undrstood, and since I came for 7 nights he should take his time choosing my room, and not give me the first one available. Suddenly out of no where rushes in Kelly and with all the amount of attitude possible says: "excuse me! our policy is not to give rooms before 3PM" ofcourse me and the guy who checked me in were in shock! since i knew that she will be the one to choose for me my room, I just explained nicley once again that i am in no rush.... that was checking in....
Last day... checking out, after 7 nights with no contact with the front desk...
Angie, this time... i requested a late check out at 3.30PM, Angie said she can only extend my stay till 2 because someone reserved my room, she asked if this helps me, I said no, since Im traveling to Tel Aviv even 5 minutes the luggege wont be with me the wole security prosses gets very long and tierying... I asked her to move us to a different room, she said they were fully booked (i checked their website, there were rooms in all catagories... lier!!!!).
finally i offered to pay. Guess what dear Angie said??? no problem, that will be a full day rate. Full day rate!!!!! not half? no!!! full day rate!!!! I left the front desk without a word.
Last year i stayed at the CROSBY STREET HOTEL, what an amazing hotel, same price by the way (they were fully booked this time, no wonder why), double the size of the room, double the size of the bathroom, amazing breakfast, every day or every other day they send you something to your room, they go out of their way to let you know how much they appriciate you choosing them. the exact opposite then the mercer. the room at the mercer was tiny, the decor was depresing, the bed was queen size rather then the king at the Crosby. then why stay at the mercer? for me it was the first and last time, I preffer businesses who appreciate my money and do not take it or me for granted.

Room Tip: dont come!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
25 Thank SivanS
Naples
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Spent 4 nights here just before Christmas, very stylishly decorated, service was very good. Front desk was efficient and friendly, so was the concierge who advised us of the delay of our flight! Really liked the rooms, no fuss, white and bright! Very good location in Soho. Will definitely be coming back...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn L
Brisvegas
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Dropped in for a Sunday brunch & it was great. They have an upstairs casual & downstairs more formal area both of which are great. The food was excellent.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Redwood City, California
Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you are looking for a fantastic place to stay in SoHo this is your place! We stayed here when we moved our daughter into NYU and then continued to come back every time we visited her. From the doormen, to the front desk, to housekeeping, room service...the entire staff is amazing! After a crazy day in NYC, coming home to The Mercer and relaxing in the lobby drinking a well deserved cocktail was always a treat. Head down to The Mercer Kitchen for a delicious meal!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family