The Mark
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$128
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$178
$107
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$127
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

All reviewsupper east sidemadison avenuejean georgescentral parknew yorkmetropolitan museum of artdouble sinkshouse carsoaking tubroom serviceluxurious hotelfour seasonshome from hometurn down servicefive star hotelrooms are beautifulmini bar
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at The Mark in its various incarnations: before renovations, while it was a MandarinOriental property, after renovations, and now when it is owned by investors.
I checked in at 1 pm and was given a room over the canopy on the second floor. Oh no! There were no other king bed rooms available until the next day so I was stuck. You can hear people coming and going all evening. The next morning at 5:45 a.m. the industrial trash cans we're hauled out right under my window so the truck could come by and make as much noise as possible while picking them up. I did get a higher floor room that afternoon. But Room 811 had a dirty looking, tired stained carpet and the drapes were falling off the rods at both sides. Housekeeping should be paying attention to these things.The window has a shade and no black out drapes. So when the sun comes up, light streams in around the edges.
The heated towel bar in the spacious and lovely bathroom didn't work. I love the shower and the deep tub is great for soaking at the end of a busy day.
Personnel is a plus at The Mark; always pleasant and accommodating. I appreciate that kind of service. I know the glitches I encountered will be taken care of and I would certainly stay here on all my future trips.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank durgaChicago
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Since its opening in 1927, the hotel has experienced a few different incarnations before being taken under the ownership of The Alexico Group, in which it was then completely re-imagined and re-designed. In addition to giving the hotel a new life for the 21st century, the owner’s day-to-day involvement and attention to detail has allowed The Mark to become a superior five star property with an unparalleled level of service. As a guest who has stayed at The Mark on various occasions, I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize that due to our nearly full capacity on the night of your check-in, we were not able to accommodate your specific room request. I am happy to hear that you found our level of service pleasant and accommodating as always, however I do wish that you had mentioned your dissatisfaction with the state of your room so that we could have taken immediate attention. I would like to thank you for sharing these observations with us, and please rest assured that all has been taken care of. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and hope that on your future visits you will reach out to us straightaway if you should find your room anything less than impeccable.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Mark is a very stylish luxury hotel. Reception and concierge and excellent (as they should be at a hotel of this standing). However, some of the rooms are small with the door opening straight onto the main room with the bed - which if you are travelling on business and colleagues might pass by your room lacks privacy. Also, attention to detail of housekeeping is variable. For example, one day there might be a shower mat for the bathroom floor, another day it gets forgotten. A hotel of this stature should have excellent and consistent housekeeping.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Mark on your recent business trip to New York City! I am pleased to hear that you found our reception and concierge to be impeccable. I apologize that you experienced some inconsistency with our housekeeping, and I only wish you had mentioned this during your stay, as we would have taken immediate care of your needs. I am however curious to know which of our room types you were unsatisfied with. Our smallest room is 400 square feet, with its layout providing sufficient space between the door and bed. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Mark in the near future, and we will make every effort to assign accommodations that meet with your requirements or expectations for your future stays with us. With our multiple layouts and configurations, we are certain we can find a room that you would be pleased with.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We booked the Mark as a diversion from our usual hotel on the West Side of NYC based on its web site and reviews. It is a truly luxurious venue. It is a nice size with no convention traffic and the rooms are quiet and restful with all the expected amenities (we especially liked the abundant ice in the freezer compartment). We were offered the hotel car for a complimentary trip to the Opera. The staff are efficient, courteous and promptly responded to our requests to clean the room at a certain time. All in all, we feel we have discovered a new favorite in NYC with access to Madison Avenue and the museums of the upper east side. Not inexpensive but for us it was worth the price.

Room Tip: Recommend the courtyard view as quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great location, great service, wonderful rooms, comfy beds. All and all a great place to stay. Location on the upper east side is nice for shopping or going for a run in the park. My go to place in NYC

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor as Madison can be a noisy road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for the 5 star review! I am delighted to hear that you regard The Mark as your go to hotel when staying in New York City. I hope you were able to enjoy a shopping trip on Madison Avenue, as well as a run in Central Park. We greatly appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back on all your future visits!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from NYC and stayed in a junior suite at the Mark. Great location to Central Park, staff brilliant, room excellent. Nice touch of a bottle of champagne and a cake for my wife's birthday. Will definitely return and highly recommend. Garbage collection a bit noisy in the morning (early) but no fault of the hotels. Only disappointment was no free wi-fi

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay on both Booking.com and Trip Advisor. It is always encouraging to hear compliments on our suite accommodations, as well as our staff’s level of service. I hope your wife had a memorable birthday celebration in New York City and enjoyed the cake and champagne. I only wish you had mentioned that you were having trouble connecting to our internet during your stay, as our hotel does offer complimentary Wi-Fi to all guests. Thank you for the wonderful recommendation and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again.