“One of my favourite hotels”
Review of The Mark

The Mark
Ranked #30 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite hotels”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Although a little formal for my tastes the staff were incredibly friendly and made such an effort to make me feel at ease. I was working in NYC as part of a film crew, often arriving back late, dressed like a tramp and filthy. Yet they could not have been more understanding during the 3 week stay. When my wife arrived from London for a week they upgraded us to a suite at no charge for the duration of her stay. Good location for many things especially the park which is almost as good as the London Parks on a Sunday. Very clean, very comfortable, sumptuous even.

Room Tip: Smile at check in
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were in NYC for a special event, and everything about The Mark added to our wonderful trip. The service was great. We loved our spacious, lovely room. Every amenity was available. The restaurant was fantastic. We would give this a very high recommendation.

• Stayed January 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The room: Lovely. I have a difficult time relaxing in hotels because I am fastidious to the point where one stray hair (that is not mine) in the bathroom will make me sleep cramped, on the edge of the bed. But my room was super-clean and I felt very comfortable from the moment I entered it.

Price: Not cheap, but if you can get a deal, like I did, then it's worth it.

Service: Snooty. Such that a very nice lady at reception and a nice doorman stood out. Aside from those standouts, however, I didn't feel like an appreciated guest.

The food: Expensive hotel food, like most hotels, but at least it was pretty good.

Location: It depends what you want to do in NYC. I had a few dinners downtown, so I sometimes didn't love the location, but overall it's great: the Met, Frick Collection, CP. Hard to beat.

I would stay there again, if I got a good deal, solely for the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Victoria,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay with us. I am so pleased that you found your room to be so lovely and comfortable. I am even more delighted that the cleanliness of our rooms lived up to your particular expectations. I am however disappointed to hear that you felt unappreciated by our staff, as we strive to provide each guest with an unprecedented level of personal service. I am thankful that the friendliness of the reception attendant and doorman stood out to you, and in turn I apologize that the remainder of our staff did not make more of a welcoming impression on you. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Mark again in the future.
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our recent stay at NYC's The Mark was wonderful. I would say that it was the most beautiful and elegant hotels I have ever experienced. The rooms are stylish and extremely well-appointed. We were upgraded to a larger suite, and this was such a treat. The room had two large bathrooms with showers in each. There was a huge and luxurious tub in the master bath. The sitting area was spacious but warm, with many fabulous books on the shelves. I'm sure that the sofa was a sofabed, but we never used it because it was just my daughter and I (who is surely spoiled now, because no other NYC hotel can compare!). The master bedroom was also quite spacious and the bed?! I never have slept that well in a hotel!! It is a bit pricy, but well worth the splurge if you can afford it. The restaurant was delicious, and at night, the lobby comes alive with the coffee area turning into an intimate bar. There are bicycles lining the sidewalk for rides to the nearby Central Park and the hotel is situated amongst the finest shopping in the city. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wished we had booked a few more days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you described The Mark as the most beautiful and elegant hotel that you have ever experienced. I am especially delighted that you found your room to be stylish, spacious and well appointed. We strive to make sure all our guests feel completely at home while staying with us, so we are very thankful to hear that you and your daughter had such a remarkably comfortable night’s sleep. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to The Mark.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Everything everything everything was amazing! Rooms were top notch! The lounge was very cool. Everything decorated to the tee. Doormen were awesome. Tv's in the bathroom mirror. Best hotel in NYC. Concierge made our trip by bending over backwards! Ask for Lukas!!! Will be back!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Jamesonyoga
Mineola, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

What stands out for this property is the excellent service, spacious and beautiful bathrooms and short walk to Central Park. They provided a bed, treats, food and water bowl for my friends dog. Complimentary internet service in the room. View of Madison ave from my room. Flat screen tv imbedded in the mirror in the bathroom. Heated towel rack. It is a quiet neighborhood as far as traffic and crowds. Nice retreat from the hustle and bustle. I will be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 30, 2013

the service is what sets The Mark apart from other hotels in the city. Proximity to the park, great location and amazing food. My kids are comfortable with the doormen and concierge staff. The doormen provided a major convenience by keeping my car close so i would have quick access to my transportation to get across town or out of the city. i would definitely recommend the hotel to others for the amazing service and personal attention to detail. We will be back. Scott Robinowitz

Room Tip: rooms along 77th street are a bit larger
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family