“One night was not enough”
Review of The Mark

The Mark
Ranked #30 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The worst part was that I had only one night in NYC at the Mark. Luxurious accomodations with a wonderful staff to go with it. The room was very comfortable with nice furnishings. Loved the Sub Zer drawers and the tv embedded in the mirror of the bathroom. I really never needed to leave the hotal with the wonderful Jean George restaurant on site.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at The Mark. I am so glad you found our rooms to be luxurious and our staff to be friendly. I am particularly happy that you noticed and loved the Sub Zero refrigerator in the room and the television in the bathroom. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Mark, and hope that you will be able to stay for more than one night!

There are newer reviews for The Mark

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel in March. Superb location minutes away from Central Park. All staff were extremely courteous, friendly & very helpfully. The rooms were spacious, kept immaculate and decorative with modern furnishings. The bathroom was pure luxury with a large separate shower and huge bath. The mirror had a tv in it which could be viewed whilst bathing. The walk to the busy area's of New York is a brisk 20 minutes through the park which was lovely. I would certainly recommend this hotel and our stay was so enjoyable it was a shame to leave the room

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank christopher l
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We checked into the Mark after our first hotel disappointed us in a few ways. We both agreed that spending more on a room if it would bring us a fabulous experience was worth it.
Our check in was smooth and welcoming and we were upgraded to a lovely suite. The furnishings were new and fresh and very appealing. The space was great and we both loved the new bathrooms.
The Mark is a great hotel! Yes: it is very pricey but this is Manhattan and we figure life is short! The staff are amazing and really try to help you in any way they are able.
The food is absolutely delicious and the beds are very cozy!
We loved every minute we were here. As a matter of fact, we would move right in if we could!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucindaw
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at The Mark for three nights in February and can only say that I loved it... Very friendly staff who effectively took care of complaints about high level of noise from neighboring room (party room for a group of young people..) Food is delicious, both breakfast and dinner. I love the fact that the hotel is somewhat out of the busy areas of New York as the walk from hotel in Central Park to shopping area is lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLoslo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Honestly speaking, I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel which was such a friendly like this. The support staffs were really cool and homey. I had to stay there at night so I had the opportunity to have both dinner and the breakfast as well. The dinner as well as the breakfast buffet was filling and fresh, lots of choices. The room was cool also. All-in-all, a great hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Thomas_A484
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am such a fan of this hotel and have stayed there countless times. Even though it costs more than the Surrey, it is usually worth the price. not this time.
1) Concierge service was very ineffective. I called the day before arriving to arrange a trainer in their Punch Gym. Robert told me he would handle it and I would get a call the next day--nothing. When i arrived at the hotel I was told nothing had been arranged. They then tried to arrange for the trainer but it was too late. the Concierge's answer was "i am sorry it didn't work out for you". Furthermore, my executive assistant sent some documents for the Concierge to print and deliver them to my room--that was also never done.
2) the Room temperature is stifling hot. no matter what i did with controls or the windows, it would not go below 77 degrees. it was very uncomfortable.

the Mark really needs to "up" its game to where it was a year ago.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank REYMYSTERIOJR
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. I would like to express our appreciation of your loyalty to The Mark and that we hold you in incredibly high regard as one of our frequent guests. I am very sorry that you found our concierge service to be ineffective and that you were unable to secure an appointment with a trainer from Punch. I have personally spoken to concierge about this incident and they are extremely apologetic about the situation. Our heating system is designed to be controlled within the room and can be switched off at any time. For future reference, if you do have any trouble with the heating controls, please call Front Desk who will organize for our engineering staff to assist you immediately. Again, I apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced and I hope that upon your next stay at The Mark, we can provide you with outstanding service and a more satisfactory experience.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at The Mark just before Christmas to enjoy some NYC food and fun. Hotel is beautiful and very friendly staff. If you can, spend some time strolling along Madison Avenue and take in the Shops. The hotel is a bit out of the way but a nice oasis from the crush. Hotel restaurant is a must.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple