“Great hotel, great location, great price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
Ranked #312 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great hotel, great location, great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

A friend of mine told me about the Larchmont. I was surprise to find that, besides the low price, breakfast is included, the room had ammenities such as a robe, slippers, shampoo, conditioning, soap and washbasin. It kinda feels like living in New York, as we hardly see employees. We get our set of keys and can get in and out anytime. It was very cold in NY and the heat was perfect! I had to use a shared bathroom, but my floor had 2 showers and 2 toilets which were never busy. There were only 7 rooms on my wing. I could take my shower without stress. The room had color TV, telephone, ceiling fan and air conditioning. Whenever I need a hotel in NY, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Helvecio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

We have stayed two times at this hotel. The location in fashionable and exciting Greenwich Village, between Fifth Avenue and Ave. of the Americas (Sixth Avenue) cannot be beat. You are three-four blocks from much of what is exciting in New York: Washington Square, shops/restaurants in Greenwich Village, the East Village, Chelsea, you name it. Close to Sixth Avenue and 7th Avenue Subways. And quick walking distance to the Lexington Ave. line at 14th.

Continental breakfast with fresh rolls, coffee, etc. That saved us $15 right there. Free Wifi service (slow sometimes but ample). Self-service elevator.

Tiny room with a bath down the hall, but with a window with a view of back patios of ritzy homes on 11th St. Air Conditioned. Our only problem was being next to a room that serves as a kitchen. (Very handy if you want to store stuff in the fridge or use the stove to cook meals. One day some of the permanent residents used it as a meeting room, talking loudly on the phone or whatever. But we called management and they sent someone up within seconds to quiet them down...then no more problems. Very very quiet in the evening as most of the rooms face an inner courtyard.

We stupidly left a cellphone charger there after we checked out. A day later we called the hotel and they HAD it! Amazing. More amazing was that they sent it to us in the mail the next day and did not charge us for the postage or the trouble. Triple amazing. We feel guilty now we didn't tip the maid, but we put a do not disturb sign on the door for the two days we were there.

Stay there, but be sure and leave us a room when we want to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank claudeintexas
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Larchmont Hotel on 11th Street between 5th and 6th Ave is an excellent choice at the price bracket of lesser than $130USD. I was half skeptical before arrival but I was pleasantly surprised. The pluses are as follows:

1) great location by bus or subway, though you have to walk for 8 minutes to St 12 or 14 for the subway station. Its also a walk away from Greenwich, Chelsea, Soho and Meat Packing
2) pretty neighbourhood for good quiet residences with tree-lined road, nice!
3) friendly staff who genuinely wants to help
4) decent size room which is clean and well furnished with hairdryer, sink , fan and huge mirror. The radio clock has speakers for your mp3!!!
5) good provisions, including plush towels, decent toiletries and comfortable slippers
6) shared bathrooms are always clean and empty (I wonder why nobody seems to bathe) at all time

For this price, I have nothing to complain, even though one night the pipes were rattling loudly but considering how old the building is, its acceptable. One bad night in 7 aint bad.

As a tip, get a nice Mercedes limo from NY Limo Trans at (212) 254 6666 to JFK airport, its excellent and reasonable at about 70USD, punctual reliable and luxurious, no hassle. Ask for Suzanne, she is so good a driver. It completes the NY experience.

And dont miss the excellent cupckaes at Magnolia Bakery down the road from the hotel on Bleeker Street, you wont regret.

Larchmont I will return. I hope they keep the prices and standards. Bravo.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank jilop
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Just home after 4 enjoyable nights stay @ The Larchmont Hotel.

From the minute we arrived, (tired and too early for check in), the staff were more than polite, happy and helpful. We were assisted with our bags and luckily our room was available.

We had a small double bed room, and yes it was small room, but it was more than adequate for us to operate out of 1 suitcase each, the bed was comfortable, the room had a desk, air conditioning, a sink with two complimentary mini shower gel/conditioner packs, fresh towels each day. There was a wardrobe with bath robes, extra pillows and an extra blanket. Each floor seemed to have it's own wi-fi which worked extremely well.

All the bathrooms were shared, but with our room being beside the bathrooms it felt like an en-suite as we never had to wait. The bathrooms and showers were kept well and always had hot water.

The area itself is excellent,it has a great New York feel. It has plenty of places to eat, drink, and explore, You are only minutes from a Subway station and overall it feels very safe.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to see New York, weather on a budget are not. You will probably spend very little time there anyway, but the time you do spend will be a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johinne
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

If sharing a bathroom isn't for you, read no further. But if it's something you can live with, it's hard to beat the Larchmont Hotel for price and location.

The hotel tucked into a townhouse on 12th Street in the Village is clean, central to any number of subway lines (among others, three stations along 14th Street and one at West 4th) and inexpensive.

My "cosy single" was about five feet wide by 12 feet long, with a bed, desk, sink and television. Perfectly functional and just $90 per night. (The price includes a modest continental breakfast of juice, coffee, tea and other hot-water beverages, breads, and danish.)

There were two bathrooms for seven rooms (I think it was) on my half of the fifth floor, and I never had to wait. I rarely even saw another guest.

Other notes: The staff was helpful, returning to the hotel had the feel of coming "home" and Washington Square Park is just a short walk down Fifth Avenue.

If you're traveling with a group — where more expensive rooms don't cost as much per person — or if you can monitor room rates over months to catch the occasional NYC deal, or you spend a lot of time on the hotel room, then you might do better elsewhere.

But if you're questioning how to make it in NYC while traveling solo, wanting an exceptional location and preferring not to break the bank, the Larchmont is your answer.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank WSPNYC
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

We just got back from the Larchmont and had a great time in Manhattan. The hotel is located in Greenwich village,on a quiet street, a short walk to several subway lines, restaurants and shops. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and we never waited for a shower in the morning. There were 2 bathrooms on our floor shared between 4 or 5 rooms. The breakfast was enough to start the day, but there is a few places for breakfast in the area, The Waverly was great. They also have safety deposit boxes if you need, and a computer in the lobby. Overall the hotel was great value, staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for location and value if you are looking for somewhere clean, quiet and a great bang for your buck in New York City.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelbug1973
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I hesitate to write this for fear it will be booked next time I go to NYC, but this place is perfect for the low-maintenance traveler. I didn't need a fancy spot, but I wasn't interested in being in a hostel-type place any more. I've outgrown that. But I still don't like spending a lot of money on lodging. This made me think of a European pension. The room was sparse, but super clean. The bathroom was outside, but also super clean. The cute continental breakfast in the morning was fun to hear the different languages and see other travellers. everyone pretty much kept to their own, which I appreciated early in the morning. All in all, a really great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo