“My new place to stay in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
Ranked #308 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Stockholm, Sweden
“My new place to stay in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in NYC, but never found one that felt right. Until Larchmont. Yes, this is the hotel I will stay in always!

The value is unbeatable. Yes, you have to share bathrooms, but they are clean and I never even met another guest. And you do have a fully equipped kitchen to share as well, which is great!

And the location is just the very best!!! Next to Union Square, the Village, Lower East Side, and all the other neighborhoods I like visiting in NYC.

Instead of spending twice the amount at a boring hotel in the even more boring Midtown, I much rather stay twice as long at Larchmont and buy my own food at nearby Whole Foods!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Resmama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

You have to be ok with the lack on en-suite bathroom, but this hotel is a little gem of a place. There was a wc and shower room and a separate wc and separate shower on my floor - shared but I never found unavailable and always clean. My room was a good size with aircon and a dual aspect (admittedly without a brilliant view). The price was great for NYC, the staff very helpful. West 11th street is a green leafy haven in the midst of chaos. Service of the room was exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike W
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I traveled with my teenage son on a "Bucket List" trip to NYC. As first time visitors, the Larchmont was a perfect hotel! It offered friendly service, ideal location, clean rooms, great value, and close to subway station. The shared bathroom wasn't a big deal. We never even saw another guest; the shower/bathroom was always available and very clean. When I return to the city, I will be staying at the Larchmont Hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor was very quiet and had a kitchen for guests to share.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dkm3007
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Small classy hotel, very clean room. Doorman was welcoming and attentive, check in was a breeze. I had a room with a Queen bed at the front of the building on the sixth floor, and I thought this room spacious by New York standards. The single rooms (with twin bed) I saw from the hallway were less than half the space, and I like some space, so for me the upgrade to the larger room was worth it. The beautiful view of One World Trade Center was a pleasant surprise--not every room has a view, but you can ask at booking. There are sinks in the rooms, but very tiny bathrooms with showers are down the hall. I preferred the tile shower, as the porcelain on the tub shower was quite worn through so even though it was clean, I didn't like the look of it. The hall I stayed on had a small kitchen for guests, which I appreciated, though I didn't use it. A continental breakfast came with the room price. This was served in a pleasant basement room. The breakfast bar had an assortment of small muffins and some slices of artisanal bread which the attendant would toast for you. It was enough to get a start on the day, and I appreciate having coffee first thing. This hotel was on a pleasant side street, near lots of choices for public transportation, and only a $10 cab ride from the theater district. The room came with use of bathrobes and slippers, and a lovely package of toiletries. Nice! It was a great value and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors at the front of the building have lovely views of One World Trade Center
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nans82
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I spent a week at the Larchmont in June 2014. I had stayed here once before and felt it was a good value. Not much had changed other than in my room at least the bed head board that was attached to the wall previously was gone, robbing any bed bug any place to lurk.

This hotel is a mostly no frills affair although if you are accustomed to European budget hotels you probably would not notice. The room was small but quite adequate for a single traveler. The bath room and WC were just down the hall and it was very quiet. The AC kept the temperature very nice for good sleeping, the room was made daily, the WiFi worked as expected (except in the breakfast room), and overall I enjoyed my stay.

I plan another visit in late December. This is now my regular digs in The Big Apple. It might not be the right place for a family but for a single budget minded traveler it is great! The staff is friendly and the price is right. Check it out!

Room Tip: Book early. Especially for holidays it gets full fast.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Guy H
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Larchmont Hotel was located in a great location in Manhattan, close to the centre of the city and very accessible to most tourist destinations and transport options. The staff were friendly and the basic amenities were ok. For a hotel on the cheaper end of the scale, you get all the basic amenities - clean room, wash basin in your room. The only issue during my stay was a lingering smell throughout the room (which has been noted in other reviews). I had friends staying in another room in the hotel who didn't have this issue, so its just luck in which room you get. However as I was only staying a single night I didn't bother kicking up a fuss about this, however a lot of people wouldn't have tolerated it. It makes you go out and make the most of your stay in Manhattan that much more!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ng90
Philly!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here August 2013 - my apologies for the late review but I could have sworn that I reviewed it already. Anyway, I was in need of an inexpensive and quiet hotel to stay in while I took the bar exam in NY. The Larchmont fit this perfectly. It's located on a peaceful tree-lined street just a few blocks from Washington Square and close to cafés and restaurants. Check-in was a breeze and I appreciated that they do not place a large hold on your credit card as many other hotels do. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and although I was nervous about the shared bathrooms, I never saw another guest using them the entire time. There are sinks in the rooms so you can brush your teeth, etc...without having to head down the hall. There is also a small continental breakfast in the morning. Overall - very nice no frills hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo