Larchmont Hotel
$347
$335
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$182
$174
  • Fitness center
$217
$197
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$291
$239
  • Pool
$458
$359
Marriott Hotels
$239
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$234
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$286
$229
$148
$133
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$142
Park Central
  • Fitness center
All reviewsgreenwich villageshared bathroomfrench roastquiet streetcontinental breakfastwashington squareshared facilitieseuropean style hotelnew yorksingle roomgreat neighborhoodsmall kitchenfew blocksrooms are smallexcellent locationbig appleslippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable, very well-located hotel in the village- 2 blocks from 5th Ave, the Larchmont Hotel may be for you. Loved the pretty tree-lined street! The bright, spacious rooms with large windows facing the street have been tastefully redone: warm wall tones, attractive new carpeting, comfortable queen bed, stylish lengthy glass table top, and updated sink in the room. The shared W.C. toilette and separate shower a few doors down the hall posed no problem at all! Always hot water, morning or late at night. Bathrobe and slippers are provided by the hotel. Service was always helpful with a smile. Just down the block we also thoroughly enjoyed a lunch and dinner at the atmospheric French Roast Restaurant! We would happily choose to return to the Larchmont, an excellent value in one of the world's most expensive cities!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the quiet,pretty street-side view of trees from our room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dellsworth
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I spent the last 3 nights of my NYC holiday in May at the Larchmont, and I loved it! It's such a great address if you want to stay in one of the best areas of Manhattan, without spending a fortune.

The street is absolutely lovely and quiet, and typically New-York! There are many great shops just around the corner and you can walk everywhere (Flatiron building, Union Square...even the East Village).

The size of the room was very good with plenty of space to keep your luggage and hang your clothes. I never had to queue to use the toilets or shower (even though they are both in the same room). Being a traveller on a tight budget when it comes to hotels (I prefer to save my money for nice restaurants and a lot of shopping!) I have stayed in many hotels with shared bathrooms, and it was one of the best ones. I loved the fact we had a sink in our room as it meant we didn't have to go out to brush our teeth.

There was a kitchen not far from our room but we didn't have the time to use it (you never spend a lot of time in your room when you are in New-York).

So yes the decoration and bed linen are a bit old fashion (not in a cute, vintage way!) but who cares, as long as it's clean, quiet and cheap!

I would recommend this hotel 100% and I hope to stay there again soon :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Cécile B
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Larchmont is in a fantastic location in the village, in a quiet, beautiful and somewhat historic street. The rooms are clean, the staff are very good and the other guests all seem to be friendly.

No need to be concerned about the shared bathrooms, I have been here for nearly 2 weeks and have never had to wait to use one and they are always spotless.

I will certainly be back again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Petesays
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Larchmont Hotel for one night (May 24th to 25th) and had a great stay. It was easy to find, and in a very nice area of the city. I checked in, got the keys (there are three, one for the front door, one for the floor, and one for your room) and into the room quickly and without trouble. The room was very clean, as were the bathrooms down the hall. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly and accommodating. It was also nice that after I checked out they were able to keep my bags so I wouldn't have to lug them around the city the rest of the day. All in all very nice, I already have plans to stay again later in the summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Larchmont Hotel is European Style lodging with comfortable private rooms, shared bathrooms, and a European style continental breakfast. Bathrobes and little pouches with bathroom items were provided for the trips to the bathroom. The breakfast was very tasty. We found the Larchmont Hotel to be very affordable, comfortable, and quiet, located in a safe, beautiful neighborhood on a peaceful side street in Greenwich Village. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and fellow travelers were as well. We will most definitely make this our home-away-from-home for our upcoming visits to our daughter at NYU.

Room Tip: A family suite is available with a private bathroom. Book early!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family