“Great price, great location, small room”
Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
Ranked #354 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 19, 2013

First of all: you won't find a place this cheap in Manhattan that is also as clean and tidy as this one. The room's really small, yes, and quite dark, with standard industrial furniture - but you don't go to NY to stay in a hotel room, do you?
Bathroom's shared, which is not that good, but there are two bathrooms per floor so it was not a great problem either. They also give you breakfast, which is ok.
The hotel is located in a great place, a nice neighborhood that is quiet but a (relatively) short walk from the heart of the city.
I would recommend it, but only if you (like me) value price and location above everything else.

Room Tip: Pick the "spatious" rooms: I got a "spacious" and it was quite small, so I can...
2  Thank A_Ciri
There are newer reviews for Larchmont Hotel

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Delightful little European style hotel in the heart of Greenwich Village. Easy walking distance to many bistro type restaurants. The 2 bathrooms are shared(per floor) as in some hotels in Europe.
They serve a small continental breakfast which we did not bother with as there were many wonderful bagel places up and down the street. Warm bagels and cream cheese in abundance.
Also great tea shop Argo up the street a must try.

Room Tip: Go for the bigger sized rooms if available makes a difference.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Andreastoriestogo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Larchmont for 2 nights on my trip to NYC. The location was outstanding - I loved being on a quieter street that was not touristy - made me feel like a true New Yorker. Exceptional value for price. This hotel is nothing fancy, so don't expect that. But it is all you really need. I felt safe and comfortable and got a good night's sleep. Bathrooms down the hall weren't a problem - I never saw anyone else using them. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I come to NYC on a budget.

8  Thank jcross01
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past. It's nothing fancy, but convenient, safe, clean, and affordable. This time I was in between flights in and out of JFK, decided to spend the night in Manhattan before my international departure the next morning. It worked out great.
I booked a room almost four months ago but my room was right next to the bathrooms and they were used many times during odd hours after midnight before dawn making water noise, plus the radiator in the room kept making hissing noise through the night. The room got rather warm too. The bathrooms are so small that it is hard to make necessary moves. Despite all that, it is clean, safe, convenient and affordable, a great value hard to beat in the middle of Village. I can make up for the sleep during my long flight to Seoul...

1  Thank Yasunari I
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I can't give it five stars because it was not a top of the line hotel, but it deserves four for its outstanding value. There aren't many places where you can get a clean, safe room in a great location in Manhattan for under $100 a night. I had a walk-in closet size room, but it met those criteria. The bed, like everything else in the room, was small, but comfortable, the shared baths (two on my floor) were clean, and I even had a nice view of the new Freedom Tower at the WTC. And the street was relatively quiet for NYC. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank yankeedave
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Larchmont couldn't be better located. It's on a quiet street, but close to so much city life and to a subway (for longer reach). And the place is very clean -- which is not always the case at "budget" hotels.

Our room was small, but more than adequate. Having a shared bath was not a concern for us, and we were almost never even aware that others were using the facilities. Also, we had complimentary robes and slippers -- just like a European hotel.

One of the best things about the hotel for me was the mix of clients -- at least those whom I met at breakfast. And that's one good reason to stay at a place like the Larchmont.

Our list of "issues" was short -- a sometimes noisy radiator, no fruit at the breakfast, weak (but adequate) internet on the odd numbered floors (transmitters were only on the even numbered). But the pleasant surroundings, friendly staff, and generally good "vibe" more than made up for any issues.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ArthurFink
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I had a spacious room on the 6th floor. The room was pretty basic but it had everything we needed. As other reviewers have commented there is a shared bathroom for the floor but it was never occupied. To be honest I never saw anyone else on our floor. Breakfast is pretty basic but the croissants are good. It's just enough food to get you out the door.

The location in greenwich is fantastic. You really can't get a better home base to explore downtown (Chelsea, Greenwich, West Village, Soho and East Village). The street was quiet and you're really with the locals (as much as anyone is a local in NYC!) I would give this hotel a higher rating if it wasn't for our extremely loud radiator. Fortunately, after a day and night of fun in the city we generally slept through it, but usually around 4 am the sound of dripping water boiling in a loud metal container invariably woke us up.

Still we generally had a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple