A three night stay at this hotel was epitomised by the friendly welcome by the staff. Located on W46th Street a couple of hundred yards from Times Square, the hotel's position could not be better for many of the attractions in and around Times Square and is opposite O'Brien's Irish Pub, a good watering hole. Our room on the sixth floor was small but, by New York standards, of average size. A comfortable queen bed and good sized TV, together with coffee maker and an ice bucket (ice available on the ground floor) were all provided, but no fridge. Free wi-fi was available throughout the hotel and two computers in the lobby, complete with printer, allowed us to check-in for our return flights and print our boarding passes before departure. The bathroom was of reasonable size and included a walk-in shower with glass door. Shower gel, shampoo and soap dispensers were provided and kept topped up.
Breakfast was included and was an enhanced self service continental type with scrambled eggs available as well as the usual muffins, bagels, toast, cereal and yoghurt. All supplies were rapidly replaced with fresh produce as they became diminished. Coffee and tea is available 24/7 from the breakfast room.
The best thing about the hotel was the staff. They could not have been more helpful and friendly passing on tips about transport and where to find various local amenities. The staff even advised us to purchase a phone card at $5 rather than use their own costly in-room telephones! We were also advised to take a minibus to Newark Airport on our departure at a cost of $25 per person rather, than a taxi at $90 plus tolls. This proved to be a great saving and was an excellent suggestion, the driver dropping us off at the correct level at the correct terminal.
All-in-all this was an enjoyable stay made more so by the attitude of the staff. I would definitely recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Broadway at Times Square Hotel offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Broadway at Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midtown Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Times Square
- New York City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Midtown New York