In selecting a budget-level hotel for a quick overnight visit on a weekend that seemed to command high hotel rates, I chose between staying near the train station and staying near the Broadway show we would see. I picked the latter. I knew it would not be as fun as staying in some neighborhoods, but we were looking for speed and value this time around.
While this Comfort Inn is just a block off of Times Square, etc. and all that madness - the Naked Cowboy seems to never age - I had one of the best sleeps I've ever had after returning at midnight from said show. We were on the fourth floor with a "no view" window facing two brick walls and it was absolutely silent (and dark because of the walls). I guess room choice really does make a difference. Room is NYC small but I've stayed in smaller here, actually - there was space in this one for a chair and a desk. The bed was comfortable, HBO on the TV though we didn't watch it much, a clean and workable bathroom with hair dryer, tissues, shampoo, soap, We did use the safe to store our valuables. It's in a very large closet with light, which would be nice for stowing suitcases if you were staying for several days.
The staff was kept busy as there were a number of senior citizens staying who seemed to need extensive help with directions, and foreign tourists. I do greatly appreciate we were able to get a room when we checked in early. Breakfast consisted of waffles, bagels, cereal, fried egg patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, raw fruit, coffee and juice - plenty of choice for me though I guess it would get old every day. Cramped and crowded in the breakfast room so we ate in our room. And yes, the elevator is verrrrrrrrry slow.
Overall, this is a fine budget hotel, but keep the word budget in mind. If you want something a little nicer or in a more interesting neighborhood, scan the sales in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Broadway at Times Square Hotel offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Broadway at Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midtown Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Times Square
- New York City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Midtown New York