Chelsea Savoy Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$124
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$139
$116
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$242
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$207
$200
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbagelsmalibu dinergreat locationnew yorkcontinental breakfastthe high linesubway stationtimes squarewalking distancesmall refrigeratorfront desk staffstay there againbasic hotelgood sizesafe areatwo double bedsstreet noise
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Found out not too many hotels that are reasonably priced in New York offer two double beds. Thankfully we came across Chelsea Savoy! Great prices for 4 people...trust me! It's a great location too...several blocks (like 20) up you can walk to Times Square (lots of stuff on the way up), 1 block from Avenues of the Americas with tons of shopping and eating. Walking distance to madison square park and Shake Shack! The subway are located literally around the corner outside the hotel either at 7th or 8th ave. there's a few bars around the area and walking distance to restaurants.

To be honest we only used the hotel to get ready in and sleep. With so much to do in NY there was no point staying in the room. Front desk was very nice-always saying hi and bye when we walk in and out. When we first arrived, we were several hours before check in but they allowed us to leave all our bags with them so we can start to explore.

Not really a view, but I wasn't there for that. Two beds, clean room, cozy for 4 adults. Flat tv ad lots of plug in outlets (ESP for girls!) bathroom was a good size--only problem is out tub was a little clogged ad took some time to drain, but we didn't mind.

Great housekeeping!!! SO nice! We alway left late in the morning because we came from west coast time. Even if they were done doing their rounds, they would come back to check on us of we needed the room clean. Always gave us extra towels (the best!) and room was tidy everytime we came back. Lots of drawer space and closet. Not a fancy hotel but great for its purpose and great staff! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Nsison1
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was our first time staying at the ChelseaSavoy Hotel. I took a group of 9 ladies to NYC for a shopping, sight seeing long weekend. The hotel was fantastic, clean, quite and all around perfect for us. The people at the front desk were attentive and nice. The breakfast was small but so very good. The coffee was excellent. They serve donuts, bagels and other pastry. They are not the fanciest place to stay, but I will sure stay again.

Room Tip: The number 1 Train is right out side the hotel, the High Line is only 2 long blocks away.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have stayed at the Chelsea Savoy every year for about 7 years. In the heart of Chelsea, there is a lot to do within walking distance, centrally located between 2 subway lines and a great "home base" at a great price point. The hotel/rooms are clean with daily coffee/bagels in the lobby each morning. You will see some comments about "traffic noise" - it is New York City afterall - that is part of the mystique. For the most part, the hotel staff is friendly and helpful (they always remember us when we book). If you are looking for a luxury "resort" experience - this is not the place for you. BUT if you are looking for a clean hotel, with easy access to the City - this is a great location and value and would recommend the Chelsea Savoy.

And if you are looking for something fun - the "Trailer Park" is located across the street. This kitchy restaurant/bar is decorated with retro pieces from bowling allies, trailer parks and truck stops. Serving burgers, sweet potato fries and a pitchers (or margarita - what bring us back again and again), the Trailer Park our Happy Hour location daily and is a part of our annual "Chelsea Savoy experience"

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AndrewLammes
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Whenever I have to stay overnight or 2 nights in Manhattan this hotel is my go-to. It's reasonable compared to most- has a convenient location to whatever I have planned, it's is clean, and it's in a great neighborhood!! It is small but not as tiny as boutique hotels and I've always had a pleasant stay- just remember to ask NOT to get a room on the street side as it can get pretty noisy@

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights (9-12 November) and found that the quality of both the room and the service is over-rated, as compared to cheaper rates in other hotels. I paid $216 a night + tax for a room with a double bed, and my friend was staying in a similar room close to Union square for half that price. Next time, I'll stay at that hotel.
1) Staff is typically unfriendly, as other guests have noted on this forum. I am starting to believe that they are paid to be rough and unhelpful to customers.

2) More importantly, there may be a serious problem with honesty in this hotel.
2.1) I had book parcels sent to me, and I never got one of them, officially "never received", but the sender has shown me the USPS slip.
2.2) on the day I was leaving, I went down to eat breakfast at 8 am, by the time I was back up in the room, the maid had done the room and .. my face cream (an expensive fancy one from a famous luxurious French brand), was missing from my beauty case. Hmm, i'll give it a doubt, one never knows, but I am 80% convinced the maid stole the cream. I asked the front desk immediately, but they said the maid was ... out (?!) and I had to call back the next day. And of course the next day... the maid, called Marisa, or Marianna, I don't remember clearly, said she never found anything
2.3) it just so happens that as I went downstairs for the check out, another lady guest reported that her purse, with all credit cards etc. had gone missing from her room after the maid had come in.
THAT WAS A BIT MUCH !!!!!
I don't know the end to that story, but i suspect there is a problem with honesty in this hotel.

Keep you bucks and find yourself a beter place for that price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business