“Very quaint - comfort food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Very quaint - comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited in early Oct with my daughter. She had the "early Thanksgiving" dinner - and I had the meatloaf dinner special. Both were really good and the price was very reasonable - especially for New York. We've been trying new restaurants in the city for the past few years - and this little place stands out. I highly recommend this restaurant - and try their specials. I know *I'll* be back...

Aurora IL
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great place.
We were guests of the hotel and stumbled upon this place while waiting for our room to be ready. The served fantastic pasta, and we had the best (lightest fluffiest croissant) we had while in NY!

Friendly staff -- good service -- and we loved the old-world ambiance, the back bar, and fixtures.

We'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Way to Spend and Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I came here after a twelve hour day at work. I got a table for 1 and ordered the *famous* pot roast. First of all, the waitstaff was so super friendly! Secondly - the food was FABULOUS and so much cheaper than all the other restaurants in the area! Thirdly - they gave me a delicious free dessert! I'm not sure if it was the owner or a manager, but there was a very friendly man in a button down shirt who kept coming around asking if he could refill our vegetable plates or get us more bread or if there was anything else we needed. I felt like a supreme VIP in an authentic French cafe (and I've spent much time in Paris!) and ended up tippping 2/3 the bill I was so happy and revived by this meal. Go if you get a change! It's a wonderful NYC oasis! (Plus it's quiet enough you can enjoy your book while you dine!:))

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Food ok + 20%gratuity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We dropped in for a bite and the food was home style. Nice if a bit dry. Nothing to write home about. Service poor - water refills but thats it. However as a family of 6 having to pay for lunch plus tax plus the automatic 20% gratuity on that was just bad news. $54 became $70+. I complained and The waiter said she'd tell the manager. Not sure she would though as i heard her complaining about customers while i waited in restroom queue. A gratuity should be out of grace and this aint worth 20%.

Ekhuizen
“Good food !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayd at the hotel above the restaurant and decided to give it a try as the hotel was good value.

They did not dissapoint, it is a nice old style decorated restaurant with good classic meals and good service.

It is way classier than a lot of other places in the neighbourhood.

It does deserver our recommendation !

Visited July 2013