Tripadvisor

Ranked #492 of 717 Quick Bites in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed April 18, 2018

The Original Sandwich Shoppe was recommended to me by my friend Patty who used to work at St. Vincent's and came here for lunch regularly. It is a small place with table seating. I looked at the menu posted in the window and went in and ordered the #5 sandwich-the fresh baked roast beef on a toasted ciabatta roll with herbal mayo, sweet roasted peppers lettuce and tomato. The sandwich was packed with roast beef and was delicious. The staff was pleasant and I would recommend and return.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a reviewReviews (18)

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Very tasty sandwich foods and you can depend on freshness.
It was nice to be able to select from many types of bread form square loaves to Italian bread choices. I had turkey which was freshly sliced from an actual carved turkey and my friend had very good roast beef.
While we were eating I noticed the man behind the counter preparing what looked liked an omelette, but then he placed it on a bagel. I will try this in the future since it looked so appealing.
This is a self-serve restaurant with casual tables. Similar to a deli. I always enjoy the good amount of daylight that comes in and gives the room a mellow feel..

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed November 28, 2016

While visiting NYC with friends and looking for place to have lunch--we happened by the OSS. A non-descript place--kind of hole-in-the-wall type. We decided to give it a try after watching sandwiches being prepared. We had soup and sandwich--and were glad we had give it a try. Highly recommend for those looking for an unauspicious and excellent lunch stop!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016

You can not go wrong with this little sandwich joint. We each had a cup of soup, mine chicken vegetable my spouse lentil and we split a turkey sandwich. All fresh home made, generous portions and a good price.

Go there!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 19, 2016

Love this place. The family has run it for decades. Owner/operator is on site and behind the counter most of the time, and he wants you to be pleased. All the sandwiches are great, good sized too. And the house-made brownies are a treat! If you are in the West Village, hungry, want a quality meal but don't want to spend beaucoup bucks this is the place for you.

Date of visit: August 2016