“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Blossom - CLOSED

Cafe Blossom
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 82nd
Transit: B,C to 81st 1 to 79th
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Huge portions; wonderful, flavorful combinations; excellent staff. I'm neither vegan or vegetarian but could easily be so if I were able to eat like this every day. The quinoa salad and lasagne were both amazing. Wish I had room for the cheesecake.

Visited December 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very very vegan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Delicious lunch on the sidewalk on one of the last warm days of autumn. My quinoa salad with toasted nuts and mango guac was bursting with flavor, as was the veggie 'grain-burger' I split with my friend. Decent prices for NYC and a vegan menu. (Vegan? Yes! My lunch partner forgot and asked for honey with her tea. The waiter very nicely explained that honey wasn't on the menu.)

• Visited October 2012
somewhere over the rainbow
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

A lovely place with great vegan food, even my meatloving husband enjoyed the soy cheesburger. We even came back for a second time during our holiday. I had a superb lasagne and lemoncake for dessert. The staff was helpfull and very nice. We'll be back next time we're in New York.

• Visited November 2012
Sudbury, Canada
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I eat quite a bit of vegetarian/vegan food, but I was surprised at how delicious the food was here. Nothing disappointed, from the appetizers all the way to dessert (key lime pie-yummy!). If I had one complaint, it would be the price. A little on the high side for what you get.
Also, for those who are really particular on the cleanliness of their eating establishments, this restaurant only got a "B" from the NYC inspectors. I have to say, however, that everything looked to be clean on the night of our visit.

• Visited August 2012
Baltimore, MD
“Some Good, Some OK, But I'd Try Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

My daughter and I went to Cafe Blossom this weekend. I'd never heard of it before our trip to NYC, so I was eager to try it and it was so close to the Museum of Natural History.

We split on how we liked our meals. I ordered the Tofu Benedict and really enjoyed it. I never had Eggs Benedict, so I can't say how they compare, but it was very tasty and the fried potatoes and grilled asparagus were good additions. My daughter had the chocolate chip pancakes. She loves chocolate chip pancakes. I realize that people's preferences on pancakes can vary, but she did not really enjoy these. First they were very thin, nearly crepe-like. Next, the chocolate chips were really small. Most importantly, however, they were not all melty and gooey.

I also had an issue with the service. I really am not demanding - don't need someone hovering and waiting on me hand and foot - but our waiter was AWOL for most of the time. He asked how things were almost as I was putting the last forkful in my mouth. He never asked if I wanted a refill on my coffee. When our plates were cleared it took him a long time to stop by and I could ask for the check. Between the time our plates were cleared and we could finally leave it was over 20 minutes. He did, however, have time to chat with the two young women at the next table and help them plan a party.

The space itself was OK. Not exceptional, but not a problem either.

• Visited July 2012