“Mmmmm!”

Cross street: 82nd
Transit: B,C to 81st 1 to 79th
“Mmmmm!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Booked this restaurant a couple of weeks prior to arriving in NYC, after researching vegi places. So glad we chose to eat here! The food was fantastic and the venue is really really nice. My partner is a meat eater and sometimes a bit suspicious of vegi cafe/restaurants. He was pleasantly surprised and suitably impressed! I had the pea cakes to start...recommended. He had the ravioli, which was amazing too. I had the soya bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries....fab! Tho I couldn't finish it due to amount of fries and whole bread bun. We both had fresh juices which were great, so much so that a juicer will be purchased when we get home! To top it all we shared a chocolate/peanut butter shake.....to die for!!! Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

asbury park, new jersey
“Vegalicious!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My friend (a non vegetarian) and I thoroughly enjoyed Cafe Blossom on Columbus (there are three locations). It is located on Columbus at 82nd street in a great little shopping neighborhood near the Natural History Museum. We started with the black eyed pea cakes with the chipotle aioli and yukon potatoes. WOW. The cakes were tender and moist and the red pepper sauce was delicious. Many times this type of "cake can be dry and over cooked. These were tender and perfect. My friend had the Veggie Grain Burger with hand cut fries and organic ketchup. She loved it! The fries were tender and delicious not over fried. Even though the sandwich was too large for her to finish, she picked off every single pickle as she said she had never had pickles that tasted so good. I had the Seitan Marsala with sauteed kale and mashed potatoes. Even as a vegetarian, I'm not a huge fan of seitan, but this was absolutely wonderful. The seitan was thin and perfectly cooked with an incredibly fresh kale. I would go back again in a minute for that dish. For a beverage, I had the organic smoothie called Midnight with soy milk, blueberries and raspberries.....it was delicious and ruined me for dessert. The hostesses were great, but the server was slow and forgot a glass of wine, but other than that, it was a wonderful evening. The space is hip yet comfy with some outdoor seating. This is a cafe that is dedicated to kindness and says so on their website. Animals are a priority and one of the reasons I chose to go there. Eating well doesn't have to include cruelty and Cafe Blossom proves that over and over! I HIGHLY recommend Cafe Blossom for gorgeous vegetarian food and no veggies alike!

• Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great vegan food”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Four of us went for lunch, two vegetarians and two omnivores, and we all left full and happy. The dishes themselves are varied and delicious - it was so hard to choose! We had a quinoa salad, chopped tofu salad, seitan sandwich, and vegan grilled cheese at our table, and there were no issues with the food itself. It was all cooked and flavoured well, and the more carnivorous of the two omnivores with us was the most impressed! Drinks and coffees were of good quality, too. However, wait staff was a little hard to flag down and did ignore us for the first 15 minutes or so when we were initially seated (so don't come here in a rush!).

Try not to eat too much at the farmer's market down the street on weekends before you go for brunch, haha.

Visited February 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Vegan never tasted so goo”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My sister and I are always on a quest to find delicious vegan cuisine. Our trip from Washington, DC to New York, NY was for one purpose only, to taste our way through the city. We were not disappointed with Cafe Blossom. Conveniently located on the upper west side, we arrived for an early dinner to a very mellow cafe with cool vibes. The food was bursting with flavor. This is a must when dining in the city.

• Visited November 2011
Albany, New York
“Delicious and creative vegetarian food in a great location!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We recently stopped at Cafe Blossom for dinner while in NYC and loved it! The selections were delicious and very creative and the atmosphere was great.. It's a great pre-theatre spot. Don't miss out on the brussels sprouts!

• Visited January 2012