“Pretty Good Place but need to know these before you go”

Children's Museum of Manhattan
Ranked #223 of 1,140 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A kid-friendly museum with many interactive activities.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to CMOM in NYC since I read the NJ one and it didn't sound too good.
We went there on sunday before memorial day and surprisingly not so crowded even in NYC.
Maybe the weather was good that everyone went to the beach or something.
Anyways, Sunday seemed to be good day to go since the parking is easier to find. Unfortunately for us due to the impatient wife and kids, we parked at the garage right in front of CMOM.
Sure it was convenient but remember that they charge about $10/hr...and after three hours it jumps to $60..so take your time and try to find a free parking space.

the cost to get in was a bit higher than I would like(adult=$11 and kids over 1=$12)

Anyways, they had 5 floors of fun things and watch and experience.

I was pretty impressed at how clean they kept and fun stuff they had. I had a one year old and they had a place for her to crawl and do things. They also have sand boxes and slides...

and each floor has different theme to it...one floor was Dora theme

Anyways, I think the kids will love the place (even though it's on the expensive side) but well worth the money I think(minus the parking)

one thing..you cannot bring strollers into the play area but they do have storage area

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My 9 y.o. son loves children's museums but this is the worst one we've been to. He was bored within an hour.
First floor has some display of NYPD stuff. Nothing to interact with- just look at and not really kid orientated. Also there is a few building and interactive tables.
Second floor had a health display that could have been a lot more interesting if a number of items weren't broken or half functional. Also there was an outside item but it was closed the day we were there on a Thursday afternoon.
Third floor was for youngsters less then 5 y.o.
No accommodations for adults. No food or drinks.
We were very disappointed. How this place gets so many visitors is beyond me.

1  Thank mrsoul
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place to take ur kids and let them learn by being a kid, greats plays right in the UWS excellent for cold weather and want the children to learn with music and fun activities

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I brought my 16-month-old here one day shortly after they opened. I was reluctant to pay the $11 for me and for him, but I guess that's the point since it's a children's museum. In retrospect, it was worth it. We spent most time on the 3rd floor as the other exhibits are for older kids. He loved all the equipment and had fun exploring it. At one point he even got tired and we had to leave, but that was understandable as it was close to nap time. I wish they opened earlier, 10 am is a little late when you have to factor in lunch and nap (I guess this is no problem for older kids who don't nap anymore). But they stamp your hand and you can come back in the afternoon I suppose and continue the fun. Overall a nice space for entertaining the little ones.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were there on a crowded Sunday, but every floor is packed with fun and interesting things to see and do. Our 2 year old was enchanted and had a great time and a wonderful opportunity to run around without our worrying about traffic or people!