“Great but not All That Jazz”

Chicago the Musical
Book In Advance
More Info
$128.75*
and up
Chicago On Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on, babe! If you’re looking for razzle-dazzle entertainment? If you’re looking for a night out at the theater you’ll remember for years to come? If you’re looking for pure Broadway? Then look no further than Chicago! A true New York City institution, Chicago has everything that makes Broadway great: a universal tale of fame, fortune and all that jazz; one show-stopping-song after another; and the most astonishing dancing you’ve ever seen.
Houston, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great but not All That Jazz”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our first show to a Broadway Show. It was exciting. However-adding an entire day of touring made us a little tired. The first half was not as entertaining as I thought and initially we were disappointed. We had no clue there was an intermission, since it wasn't announced. The people next to us even left. However-I couldn't imagine it ending with them saying she was pregnant and never coming out for the applause.

The second part was much more exciting and we even got an extra burst of energy. Overall we loved it. Be forwarned it is an older theater which is small. Tall people must walk with caution. My husband is only 6 feet and could touch the ceiling and the leg room was minimal for him.

The merchandise isn't super cheap but it isn't super expensive either. I bought a mug for 15 bucks.

I don't regret going to this Broadway show at all. I was even more excited when I realized Paige from Trading Spaces was in it. That show was THE show when I was little. One of the actors even gave autographs and took a pic with me.

The costumes were lovely and the dancing was great. I recommend this if you are on a budget. :D

• Finnish first
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Good but not great!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Entertaining is a good description of the show tonight. The stage was good and the orchestra sounded fantastic but the music was off--- for some reason was not as alive as the London version.
The theater was good but if you sit on the extreme right flank your line of sight is not as good as the ticket price commands.

The shows as always is a good one but left wanting more....

Visited May 2013
Fernandina Beach, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Expected more out of the leading ladies”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

The chorus cast was amazing and superb dancers but the leading ladies left me wanting more out of their performances. As a fan of Bob Fosse, my expectations for "hot honey rag" were not met.

1 Thank heidikpchef
The Woodlands, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Chicago on Broadway”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife found the plot to be a little trite, but that's par for the course with Broadway musicals. This was in an older theater, so the restrooms were substandard. I guess people in the thirties were always constipated. Restrooms became a high priority after visiting Grand Central where there are none.

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in the USA and i was determined to go see Chicago. Nice small theatre, and Paige Davis was great as Roxie. Was dissapointed when the show ended because it was so fun and dazzling !