“Best Meal Ever”

Pio Pio 7
Ranked #1,775 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Established in 1994. Welcome to PIO PIO, our "Casa Alegre" (Cheerful House), New York City's Premiere Peruvian restaurant group since 1994, specializing in Pollo a La Brasa (Rotisserie Chicken), authentic cuisine from Peru and our famous "Green Sauce"!. We are located through out Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Manhattan. Also check out our Amaru Pisco Bar in Jackson Heights. Buen Provecho!
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food here was exquisite and the drinks were a close match. The ambiance/decor of the restaurant reflects what I would consider a higher price point of a restaurant. The chicken was some of the best check I've eaten. It was so moist and tasty. The group ate family style, and every dish oredered was superb. The portions are very generous, but try to leave enough room for dessert.

1  Thank deschweizify

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Marvelously moist and flavorful Peruvian-style baked chicken served with choice of side (I chose yellow rice and beans), a Peruvian soda (reminded me of Mountain Dew), and a side avocado & tomato salad for under $10 for lunch. Pics uploaded.

Lots of garlic flavored the chicken.

Will return for a whole chicken to split among friends, and the sangria recommended by others.

Small gripe: Seating is tight, even by NYC standards.

Tip: Don't miss trying the odd looking green sauce with nice kick.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Chicken is tender & tasty!!! The Matador is overwhelming. Salad is super fresh! Delivery is quick & timely. We order here when we have a lot of people to feed!

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. My wife had a seafood salad for $16 that she was very happy with. I had the lunch special, which was a quarter chicken with a salad and a side for $9. Portions were large and the food was very good.

After we got our food, the waiter never came back to replenish our drinks or ask how everything was. Other than that though, everything else was fine.

Would definitely recommend to stop by for a quick and fairly inexpensive lunch in Manhattan.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wow, the food here is fresh and very delicious! We ate here three times in out 8 day stay. Loved it!