“Quite good”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were impressed with the food and service. It was very busy but we were seated quickly and it was better than expected

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Generally overpriced, the restaurant is quite small and crammed with tables. It was very busy (we ate around 1pm) but I put that down to its convenient location on 5th Ave. We didnt have much of a wait for a table. Its not the cleanest place Ive eaten in and it seriously lacks atmosphere - there are much better quality places to eat if you venture just a few blocks away. Dont go unless you really feel the need to eat at a TGI Fridays and dont want to venture off 5th Ave whilst out shopping.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Like most people visiting New York, we fell for the tourist trap which was TGI Fridays on 5th Ave located ideally near the Rockefeller centre. After visiting the rock late we looked around for food and saw TGI's was close by and convenient. First impressions were not great, staff were friendly but restaurant was dirty, napkins and food over the floor with people only clearing tables and not the mess on the floor. Second shock was how expensive and over priced the food was, talking 20 dollars plus for a main. Server was nice, nothing outstanding although he walked past our table several times and ignored the fact that we needed refills. Food arrived cold, although we didnt complain due to being very hungry and bored of waiting. Asked for food to be bagged to take home, server plonked a box on the table which was wierd as most places box it for you. Same for the bill, plonked onto the table with no wallet or tray. Due to food being so expensive, i had to pay by card so i begrudgingly added a tip to my card payment whereas my friend paid cash. The server then came over and had the rudeness to confront me about my payment saying how tipping was not included and how i needed to pay more, i then informed him that i had tipped and if he actually looked at the bill he would of noticed. The toilets were also flithy and throughout our experience the door was left open so we ate our food with our coats on! Worst TGI's we have ever been to and would advise other tourists to avoid this restaurant as it was very over priced and not worth the money. The only good thing about it was that we were fed and there was a door for us to leave at the end!

1  Thank Thomas92_11
Reviewed March 20, 2013

On the second night of a trip to NYC, we thought we'd go to T.G.I's - we wanted a 'standard' option and we figured that it might not be too pricey, although annoyingly there were no menus on display.

On the plus side, a table was ready for us straight away - something hard to find at peak dinner time in NYC. However, when we got to the table, we were only seated about 2 minutes before we looked at each other and confided that we didn't really want to stay. The table was sticky and had some food debris on it. The floor was covered in crumbs and looked very unclean. I think I would have put up with it if the menu was cheaper - but I was shocked to see that it was very costly for a T.G.I chain , most meals were $19 or more. The restaurant was also very noisy - there were lots of children/families in, which I don't mind (I was a 21 year old on a fun holiday with her mum, we weren't looking for a quiet, romantic meal) but the claustrophic atmosphere made the noise particularly hard to bear!

I think if it was more affordably priced, it would be a good restaurant for families. The choice on the menu looked good but I can't obviously vouch for quality. Hate to say anything bad but sorry T.G.I., you might be worth a miss for other travellers looking for a standard affordable meal in basic but clean surroundings.

1  Thank EightOctaves
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was there with my family on the day of the NYC St. Patricks Day parade. Understandably the place was busy, but our waitress was aloof and distant. At one point while bringing a drink she was so interested in looking at something happening away from our table that she missed the table when putting down the glass. Food was OK, but $103 for a pulled pork sandwich, 2 orders of chicken fingers and a lousy steak was a bit much.