“So unimpressed we didn't even stay to eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #9,308 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Watford, United Kingdom
“So unimpressed we didn't even stay to eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

On the second night of a trip to NYC, we thought we'd go to T.G.I's - we wanted a 'standard' option and we figured that it might not be too pricey, although annoyingly there were no menus on display.

On the plus side, a table was ready for us straight away - something hard to find at peak dinner time in NYC. However, when we got to the table, we were only seated about 2 minutes before we looked at each other and confided that we didn't really want to stay. The table was sticky and had some food debris on it. The floor was covered in crumbs and looked very unclean. I think I would have put up with it if the menu was cheaper - but I was shocked to see that it was very costly for a T.G.I chain , most meals were $19 or more. The restaurant was also very noisy - there were lots of children/families in, which I don't mind (I was a 21 year old on a fun holiday with her mum, we weren't looking for a quiet, romantic meal) but the claustrophic atmosphere made the noise particularly hard to bear!

I think if it was more affordably priced, it would be a good restaurant for families. The choice on the menu looked good but I can't obviously vouch for quality. Hate to say anything bad but sorry T.G.I., you might be worth a miss for other travellers looking for a standard affordable meal in basic but clean surroundings.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank EightOctaves

• Greek first
Manorville, New York
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was there with my family on the day of the NYC St. Patricks Day parade. Understandably the place was busy, but our waitress was aloof and distant. At one point while bringing a drink she was so interested in looking at something happening away from our table that she missed the table when putting down the glass. Food was OK, but $103 for a pulled pork sandwich, 2 orders of chicken fingers and a lousy steak was a bit much.

• Visited March 2013
Hickory, North Carolina
“Great food, terrible service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food at any T.G.I. Friday's is always delicious, but the service at this specific one was awful. To preface this, the restaurant wasn't anywhere near crowded. I waited 20 minutes for my server to appear after asking twice for one, and when I actually got a server, I only saw him again for the check, for which I had to ask another server.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service in a small TGI”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Good food, great service but not the nicest environment. Small and cramped, not worth the money really, better definitely can be found in NYC

Florida
“Simply Terrible...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife and a friend after exiting the Rockefeller center. If it wasn't for the hunger, I'd waited and would've go to another place. This place is dirty and smelly, the food tastes awful and the waiter was kind of lost with the menu items. I don't know how this place is still running...