“Great place to eat a meal or a snack”

MarieBelle Cacao Bar and Tea Salon
Ranked #16 of 662 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stopped at the Madison Avenue location after visiting the Metropolotan Museum of Art. A great surprise treat for my son and wife. We each had a different crepe, my son and I had fruit smoothies and my wife a hot chocolate. All were wonderful, my son said it was his favorite meal during our two day visit to the city. My pineapple smoothie was very flavorful. Service was wonderful but then they told us they were closing that location down, could be in two days or two weeks, they weren't sure. We will have to visit the Soho location next time we visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

My wife and I were just looking for a place to sit down and grab a drink after going to the MET museum and did not find anywhere along Madison Avenue until we discovered a sign out front..so after ringing the bell, the people unlocked the door(like a jewelry store) and we went upstairs..the cafe was beautiful, comfortable and in a great location. I hope people find this place because it is the perfect place to relax after a long day of shopping, walking, sightseeing. The service was marvelous..the girl who took our order was very attentive and nice..most other customers there were enjoying the chocolate specialty drinks and all the feedback I heard was that it was delicious! We had a fruit smoothie and mango gelato.the gelato was one of the best I have had in the States..actually I havent tasted such good gelato since last year when I was in Italy!
Try to get one of the 2 tables by the window facing Madison Avenue..nice 2nd floor view..relaxing atmosphere..very homie feeling. Definitely look for this place when you are in the area. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

Marie Belle is a very pretty tea and chocolate shop on the 2nd floor at 762 Madison Avenue (between 65th and 66th). I went there for lunch with prettty low expectations ( I was expecting a very limited menu) and was very pleasantly surprised. There was a nice selection of brunch items, sandwiches, and salads. I had a delicate and flavorful tomato tart with a side salad. My friend had a chicken salad sandwich that she really enjoyed, which was enormous and on fresh bread. I was very pleased with the chocolate crepe ( it came with the kind of wonderful vanilla ice cream where you can see the vanilla beans). The restaurant itself was small but very pretty and comfortable, and the service was attentive. We didn't buy any of the teas or chocolates, but they all looked gorgeous. An excellent choice for a ladies lunch off the beaten path.

1  Thank traveler578
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My first trip to MarieBelle in Soho last week was wonderful! We went on a Wednesday so had the place to ourselves. Reminds you of a Paris chocolate shop, just great and small very intimate. The chocolates are to die for and the desserts/cocoa are some of the best. Nice place to lunch or just rest your feet and get a cup of cocoa to re-energize yourself!! A must try indeed!!!

Reviewed December 28, 2008

Small chocolate & Cocoa boutique with excellent chocolates. Distinguish exclusive favor: Lavendar. These are also my favorite favors: Dulce de Leche, Kona Bean, Soba Cha
Seats are limited within a small space.