“Chocolate Lover's Paradise!”

Ranked #14 of 594 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The 1st thing you would notice when you enter is the elegant décor of this place. The mirrors, the paintings and the readings on the wall gives it a very cosy French Cafe look. Hundreds of variety chocolates, most of them had such unique combination of spices you could never imagine. I tried a couple.. they were delicious.
We then went to the restaurant inside. They had different variety of Hot Chocolates to choose from. Maya, Aztec etc. I chose the spiced hot chocolate. It was one of the best hot chocolates I have ever had. We had a long tiring day and this hot choc in the evening was just perfect! The staff was very friendly.. told us about the history of chocolate..

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Antique furnishings, glass shelves and ornate mirrors express the mood and humor of the entire establishment. These are words from their website. We arrived in Soho one Saturday morning in late February on a blustery day. Shops were not open until noon so we looked for a place to go for coffee. We found this lovely place, like a little piece of Paris. And we were surrounded by chocolate. We decided to order some lunch. The staff were lovely and friendly but the....slowest....service....I.....have.....ever.....experienced. We ordered sandwiches which were tasty once they finally arrived. When I had a look at the kitchen, I saw why. It is no bigger than a shoebox. At any rate, a delightful place.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Charming chocolate shop with a lovely tea/cocoa room in the back evoking the Hollywood ideal of a quaint chocolate cafe. The hot cocoa was the richest and thickest I have ever consumed, truly liquid gold. If you are looking for an oasis from the hustle and bustle of this part of Manhattan, this is your salvation. It is not cheap, but the store and cafe offer a special treat. If you are going to indulge yourself, thus is as good a place as any.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Best hot chocolate EVER! I spent my summer internship in NYC and loved going here for hot chocolate. It was like coffee and dessert all rolled in to one. The drink is so thick you can coat your spoon and lick it off. I'm so full by the time I finish my drink, I've never had room to try their actual chocolates. The handcrafted images on each square is cute though. I feel like I could be transported to Paris in the parlor. I've even ordered their hot cocoa mix for friends.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This little chocolate shop and café on Broome St on Manhattan is a hidden gem. Delicious variety of fine chocolates, both eatable and drinkable, plus incredible home made gelato, served in a beautiful vintage atmosphere. Highly recommended!