“Great Pizza, Family Friendly.”
Review of Numero 28 Pizzeria

Numero 28 Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Numero 28 Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Washington DC
“Great Pizza, Family Friendly.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We love the amazing crust on these pizzas! Some of the best. Ingredients always seem fresh. The staff is friendly. They welcome children. And, when the weather is nice, sitting by the open windows with a beer and some pizza is a perfect way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon lunch.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Wow! Can't wait to go back again. ANYTHING on the menu is worth trying. Looking forward to returning soon.

1 Thank Brian W
San Francisco
“Avoid Numero 28 at all costs”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I rarely write scathing reviews - I am a glass half full, there's always some shimmering hope of positivity - kind of girl - but as far as this west village location of Numero 28 goes - my advice is firm: AVOID this piece of crap place.
I made a reservation weeks in advance, because I wanted a large table - for 12 - early in the evening for our mothers day dinner - it was a big deal. We wanted killer food at decent price - in a family atmosphere. Well - the occasion was bombed to hell and back, here's why:
- even though there were several large tables in the dining room they insisted on seating us right in front of the wood oven and waiters' walk way - so when we weren't sweltering from the oven's heat we were getting plowed over by servers.
- they haphazardly took our orders, then proceeded in delivering our food piece meal over the course of 3 hours. They specifically asked us when we wanted our appetizers and salads (we want them BEFORE the entree) and then they brought 2 of the 4 pizza's out first, no appetizers for 30 - 40 minutes later - 2 hours later they brought the final 2 entree's - but no final pizza - when asked about the final pizza they acted totally surprised, and then told me it was "in the oven" It finally arrived at the 2.5 hour mark - while the rest of the table was dreaming about how soon they could leave - UGH - this was after we asked several times about our pizza and final entree's - REALLY BAD SERVICE - GRADE F
- so yeah the pizza was delish (not a rare find in this city) but if you're thinking that ordering to go would still be OK - then please note: my beau watched with sickening awareness as the waitress knocked a slice off one of the serving planks (en route to someone's table that came 2 hours after us) and then she reached over and put the slice back on the plank (from the floor) to go serve. Yeah - if you want the best of NYC's slime and street garbage- on your pizza for some extra flavor - then make your way over to this piece of crap restaurant. But you might want to do yourself a favor and NOT.

Numero 28 - you screwed me on my Mother's Day dinner celebration, then you charged me full bill - I was too angry to argue, but you SO deserve any negative fall out that comes from this review - including a stern visit from the health inspector. UGH

2 Thank AdrienneSanFrancisco
Memphis, Tennessee
“Best Pizza to date my family has had”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

What can I say? This was truly the best pizza my family has had. We visited New York June 2013. On our "Real New York Tours" tour of the city. Our guide, Ben, took us here for lunch. Wow... I don't know how they make it, but my wife, 15 year old son, and 13 year old daughter say the say thing. The best ever!

We wish they served pizza like this in Memphis!

Ask for this place if you are in NYC...

Seemed like a little hole-in -the-wall, but the food was stellar.

Thanks, Ben, for adding this to our tour!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Número 28 while visiting NYC. Had the pear, walnut and Gorgonzola this time. It was great. My daughter had spinach ravioli and loved it. Great pizza....but cash only (there is an ATM in the back of restaurant). Am already looking forward to my next visit.

Visited March 2014