“Try Brother Jimmy's around the corner instead...”
Review of Wildwood BBQ - CLOSED

Wildwood BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: Between 18th and 19th Streets
Transit: N, Q, R, W, L, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 14th Street/Union Square. M2 & M3 buses to 19th Street and Park Avenue. M5 to 18th Street and Park Avenue (bus)
Description: After five and a half years, Wildwood Barbeque, owned and operated by BR Guest Hospitality, will close for business on Monday, January 13th due to the lease's expiration. Operating the space for nearly 20 years, we have been deeply committed to the neighborhood and would like to thank our guests and the Gramercy community for their support. BR Guest, under the leadership of James Gersten and Starwood Capital Group, look forward to continuing our efforts towards the growth and expansion of Bill's Bar and Burger, Dos Caminos, Strip House and Seafood concepts along with our neighborhood mainstays in New York City and our partner properties in Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Fort Lauderdale. We're moving up your happy hour to Dos Caminos Park Avenue! Join us Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm-6:30pm. Take your pick from our special menu of Mexican fare cocktails. Dos Caminos Park Avenue 373 Park Ave South (Located between 26th and 27th Streets)
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The specialty cocktail I had while waiting for a table was pretty good. For a GF customer, I really appreciated the multiple cider options. I had a half rack of ribs, which were pretty average. I liked the BBQ sauce that was on the ribs, but the ribs themselves just weren't that great. Our server was really nice and accommodating, especially with my allergies.

My first issue started when we first got to the restaurant - I'm not sure if the host was new, but it seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. He wasn't able to tell us how long it would be for a table, and his interactions felt really forced and awkward. The restaurant honestly seemed like it was trying really hard (too hard) to be a competitor to Brother Jimmy's. I'm not sure which restaurant came first, but I think I enjoy the Brother Jimmy's experience much better.

Also - if you're not a huge sports fan, this might not be place to go. With TVs covering almost every inch of wall space, there are plenty of screaming fans throughout the restaurant. But if you're really into a basketball game that night, this is the place for you.

There are newer reviews for Wildwood BBQ

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were visiting from England and stumbled across this place on my partners 30th birthday- thought they would make a bit more of a fuss of him but the waiter wasn't really that interested in us.

Food was okay, doesn't come with sides or anything and this was probably one of the most expensive meals we had in NYC and it was nothing memorable. Just okay, would probably recommend only going for nibbles and drinks.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fantastic food, great atmosphere and friendly staff and to top it off it was reasonably priced. We went back the next day we enjoyed it so much!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We frequent this restaurant every time we are in NYC and we love it. Great food, service and good value for money in the City. We recommend the pulled pork, coleslaw, nachos and the Chipolte BBQ boneless wings are amazing! Great beer selection too. Book in advance as sometimes it's packed during sporting events.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's like a sports bar, they have they so many TVs and a huge one in the back. What better to enjoy the World Series or Super Bowl than BBQ ribs and beer? My favorite spot in NYC.