“Emotional”

New York City Hop-on Hop-Off Tour including One World Observatory Admission
Ranked #42 of 620 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The 9/11 Tribute Museum is a project of the September 11th Families’ Association which brings together those who want to learn about 9/11 with those who experienced it. The 9/11 Tribute Museum invites visitors to share personal stories of the 9/11 community — family members who lost loved ones, survivors, first responders and rescue workers, civilian volunteers, and community residents whose healing is a testament to the perseverance of the human spirit. We provide an understanding of the loss and impact of 9/11 while inspiring the power of resilience and recovery.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
London, United Kingdom
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Emotional”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very emotional and inspiring. Could not believe i was standing at the exact place tours had disintegrated a few years back...
They did a great job in making this a place of remembrance..

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
England
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A must-----”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our party of four all decided this was a "must do" on our recent visit to New York.If you do this trip you must do the tour with the guides.The museum part alone is very emotional and moving---However the guides' accounts of that day -certainly makes you think long and hard about life-------it was humbling to hear their experiences accounts and to see how that event still effects them today ---but yet uplifting that they want to tell the world.We will be back to see the new museum one day -

Visited October 2013
Essex
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Words Cannot Descibe How I felt”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I walked around the 9/11 Tribute Center and it broke my heart to read all the letters, missing person ads, and see the many, many items on display that are associated with that terrible day. It really is a must-do when in New York. As much as you still stare at the TV screen when you see the images of that fateful day, until you come face-to-face with actual items and memories, you never fully understand the horrors of what happened that day, and appreciate the true spirit of the people of New York in dealing with the unimaginable. It is a fantastic tribute to not only those that lost their lives, but those that survived and those that helped in whatever way they could that day, and in the weeks, months and years that followed! My tip for the place is get there early and do the guided tour. Unfortunately we arrived after 3pm and missed the last tour of the day. Also get your tickets for the nearby 9/11 Memorial while at the center and avoided the queues there.

Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Gave Me Chills”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised at how emotional this memorial made me. Names of all the victims are engraved into the water feature placed where each of the Twin Towers was. There was no wait, it was very secure (have to go though a metal detector and bags x-rayed) and lots of police officers around, even while it is closed at night.

Visited August 2013
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Must see and do the walking tour!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to the tribute center. Last time we didn't have enough time to do a walking tour, so I made that a priority upon my return and I was not let down. As I live in Australia and was only 12 at the time, I do remember the planes hitting the towers and all the news broadcast on every single channel but the walking tour really opened my eyes on how people were affected by this tragedy and in different ways. Our guides were Sonia and Joe and the history they taught us was amazing. After guiding us through the memorial it was time to share their stories and I won't give anything away but I have definitely walked away with an amazing story. Thank you very much and I hope to return again one day.