“Very moving”

9/11 Tribute Museum
Ranked #92 of 727 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The 9/11 Tribute Museum is a project of the September 11th Families’ Association which brings together those who want to learn about 9/11 with those who experienced it. The 9/11 Tribute Museum invites visitors to share personal stories of the 9/11 community — family members who lost loved ones, survivors, first responders and rescue workers, civilian volunteers, and community residents whose healing is a testament to the perseverance of the human spirit. We provide an understanding of the loss and impact of 9/11 while inspiring the power of resilience and recovery.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is haunting. My mind was going crazy about 'how they must have felt' etc. I cried as I traced the names with my fingers. A lovely place though and the freedom Tower is very dramatic, along with the sound of the waterfalls filling the air

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)
All reviews
in 89 reviews
"tears"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I don't have words to describe this place. It is heartbreaking to see the images. We took the free tour. I wish they had docents to talk you through the memorial and explain where everything used to be. The museum was not open yet, so I would return to visit that.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is a experience with much spiritual content, because that one remembers what happened inevitably. When I was there I started crying.

Reviewed July 7, 2013