“Not impressed and not worth your money”
Review of Fuerza Bruta

Fuerza Bruta
More attraction details
Owner description: FUERZA BRUTA is a non-stop collision of dynamic music, visceral emotion, and kinetic aerial imagery. Featuring mind – blowing visual effects that must be seen to be believed – a man running full throttle through a series of moving walls, women frolicking in a watery world suspended just inches above the audience – FUERZA BRUTA: LOOK UP is a theatrical experience that floods the senses. Come experience a 360° heart-pounding theatrical experience!
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Well,My boyfriend and I ,outgoing ,young people who love to discover new things and we' ve been to many broadway and off-broadway shows and different performances ,went to this show Fuerza-Bruta . And we were completely disappointed , because we was expecting more. Nothing special about it. I'm not consider this weird actors movement as an art. You don't need a special talent to scream loud or twitching . And btw, it seems like actors having more fun, then audience. So, if you will decide to go there, my suggest , have a few drinks before. LOL. But it's better, to go to other a real broadway show, you will have more fun!

1  Thank AlbinaMeow

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friend suggested we go for this show which was supposedly very unique and different to the usual broadway fare. Went with high expectations.

It was definitely unique, and I liked the fact that you can actually interact with the performance - you'll be made to move around the stage on cue as the sets move too. Of course some of the segments were awesome, like the one where a suspended pool just barely sits on top of your head with 4 half-naked women sliding on it (almost like a show in Bangkok!).

Probably I didn't understand the arty part of it, but that's me. The show did indeed have high energy and pulsating music, but not really much of a plot.

2  Thank Sudesh77
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Definitely not my cup of tea. No plot, boring and the actors were having more fun than I was. You definitely need to have a few drinks to see this show inorder to enjoy it. A waste of my money and time.

2  Thank grrx65
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I saw this show 4 or 5 years ago and it was amazing. Loved it so much I went 3 times. Just saw it again last night and it was terrible! The performers were beyond amateur looking. The pool scene used to be fun and open and now it's giggly and slutty. Yuck. I mean yuck!

3  Thank UnicornMeat
See more reviews
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I visited my son in new York over the weekend and we wanted to go to a show. I love theatre and enjoy both traditional and non-traditional. I would call this more performance art then theatre. I will give kudos to the performers for their high energy but they are more like dancers and stunt performers than actors. Although the show is unique and high energy I found too many negatives. We were told we would be standing for an hour so I expected that however one does not just stand but has to move around and at one point they want everyone to sit on the floor which I did not do. The floor looks filthy and was covered with debris from the previous confetti and broken syrofoam used in the show.There are strobe lights, gunshots and very very loud horns. I think it is a great disservice to not inform the audience of this in advance as some people who have seizures or trama histories need to know this in advance. There is no plot to this perfomance. I did find the part where a pool is lowered interesting however there were a lot of men "excited" by the half naked women swimming around. About 3/4 through the perfomance the room became a dance party which was more like a rave and I found nothing interesting about it. The music is extremly loud and pulsating. All in all I am sorry I went and it is not just a reflection of my age as my 27 year old son who took me did not like it either and promised that next time we can go to a real show with real seats. I heard a few young peple around me commenting as well that they did not like it either. Granted this is just my opinion but as a previous theatre major and someone who still is very active in theatre this was not theatre but performance art and should be billed as such.

4  Thank catlover710